Thursday, December 26, 2019

Review: The Coven’s Secret by Alicia Rades @aliciarades


The Coven’s Secret
College of Witchcraft #1
by Alicia Rades
Published: December 26, 2019
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult, Magic, Witches, Wizards


Blurb:

At this academy, your secrets don’t die with you.

Nadine

I thought witches were myth—until my parents died and Grammy invited me to live with her in a secret town protected by magic. Turns out I’m a witch, and my powers are set to awaken on my nineteenth birthday.

I’m sent to a magic academy, where I’ll learn about the coven and prepare to meet our goddess. It’s there that I meet Lucas, a sexy warlock with an attitude. I shouldn’t be attracted to a guy like him, but he’s a puzzle I can’t figure out—and I find that beyond irresistible.

But there’s more on my mind than Lucas. If I don’t pass the goddess’s test to awaken my magic, I’ll be banished from the coven—and lose the only family I have left.

Lucas

I wasn’t supposed to inherit death magic, but here I am. They call me the Reaper’s Apprentice. I’m tasked with carrying the last thoughts of the dead to the afterlife when I die. It’s a burden that grows heavier by the day.

Most thoughts are more depressing than I care to admit… except for one. I don’t know what it means, until Nadine shows up in town. She’s the one ray of hope to an otherwise dark gift, and I quickly find myself falling for her.

But we can’t be together—because there’s a curse upon all reapers, and if Nadine falls for me, she’ll die.

**

Harry Potter meets Sabrina in this spell-binding paranormal academy series! Cast spells, brew potions, and fall in love with sexy warlocks at Miriam College of Witchcraft.

This is a full-length novel over 400 pages. Recommended reading age 16+

Scroll up and one-click to reserve your copy today!



My Review:


After the death of her parents Nadine is invited to live with her Grammy in Octavia Falls. Nadine’s world is about to be shaken up a little in Octavia Falls. After moving there she is informed that she is a witch by her Grammy and that her powers will be awakened on her nineteenth birthday.

On her nineteenth birthday Nadine will enter a ceremony to accept the goddess and her laws to awaken her powers if she doesn’t accept the goddess and her rules then she will be banished forever. Can Nadine past the goddess test? Or will she be banished from the coven?

Nadine has been enrolled into a magical school to learn how to use her magic. There are some who don’t want or believe she belongs in Octavia Falls and does everything in their power to make her fail and leave but Nadine will not give up that easily. Nadine is one tough cookie and it will take more than a couple of girls to scare her.

Nadine meets a guy Lucas at the academy who she is instantly attracted to. She feels right away that being attracted to Lucas might not be such a good thing. Why she does not know. One thing she does know is how she feels when she is with him and what he does to her.

The Coven’s Secret is more than a book about witches and magic and going to a magical school it is about love and how deep love can be between two people and how much one person can love or how big a heart can be. It is about making choices and about being selfish or not selfish.

The Coven’s Secret is a magical story that pulled me in from the first word and had me enthralled right up until the end. There were times that I felt sad and upset at what Nadine was going through and how she was treated. There were times that The Coven’s Secret has me in tears to the point I was almost choking and then there were times when I was in tears because it made me so happy.

The Coven’s Secret is a heart wrenching story but I never regretted a minute of it. I loved it from the first word and it will stay in my heart for a long time to come. The characters are all amazingly wonderful most of them are great and wonderful people. They are the kind of friends you would want in your own life. They are the kind of friends that you want to follow on all their journeys. I can’t wait to follow these characters on their next adventure as I know it will be awesome.

One click yourself a copy of The Coven’s Secret today so you too can join in on this secret journey with Nadine, Lucas and the rest of these amazing characters. 


Connect with Alicia Rades:

0 comments: