Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: Opened by S. T. Sanchez @authorstsanchez

Opened

by S. T. Sanchez

Published: May 12, 2023

Publisher: ‎ The Pampered Cat Press

Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal


Blurb:


Emma Harper thinks she’s ready for her sophomore year. Her acne is finally under control and her braces are off. But in all her plans, she never expected her vision to begin to falter, making her wonder if she will lose her sight forever.

However, as Emma’s world spins into darkness, a new, terrifying world comes to light, embedded in the life she once thought she knew.

Fighting to understand what is real or myth, Emma descends into the world of the Fey, where peril lurks around every corner, and evil threatens not only her family, but all of humanity as well.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

When I read the summary for Opened I couldn’t wait to start reading it. I thought I knew what I would find between the pages but I was sadly wrong. What I did find was way better than I ever imagined it would be. I sorely enjoyed reading Opened. I was hooked from the first page I couldn’t take my eyes away from the pages. I love the world that was created for Opened. I loved getting to know all the characters and following them along on their journeys.

Opened kept me racing to the end to see how it all was going to turn out. It left me surprised on more than one occasion with all its twists and turns. When Emma lost her sight I was in tears. I could only imagine what she was feeling and her mom when she called her to come and get her from school. Oh, and then later at home when her brother came in.

But I was so happy for Emma when she awakened the next day and her sight had returned. I could just feel Emma, her mom, and her brother as they rejoiced with her. Emma had gained more than her sight. The world around her has changed. Emma could now see more than she could before.

Emma has been introduced to a whole new world. She has found out that the fantasy world of the Fae was not fantasy. It really existed. She can now see that her new friends are Fae. At first, she has no idea what they are. She goes to her brother as he knows a lot about things like this.

Emma’s world changes at this point as she enters the world of the Fae. Danger lurks around every corner. Emma being human is not supposed to know that the Fae exist. Emma’s new sight turns out to be very dangerous for her and the people she cares about. Emma has a long journey ahead of her just trying to stay alive and making sure that the ones she loves do too.

Opened is an amazing and thrilling read one that I enjoyed tremendously and would like to recommend it to all fans of the Fae and magical realms. Grab your copy of Opened today for an amazing adventure!


Connect with S. T. Sanchez

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: