Monday, June 18, 2018

Review: I Kill the Dead (Life of the Dead #4) by Tony Urban @tonyurban


I Kill the Dead
Life of the Dead #4
by Tony Urban

Published: December 24, 2017
Genre: Horror, Zombies, Apocalyptic, Post-Apocalyptic

Blurb:

Being a bit of an asshole isn't required to survive the zombie apocalypse, but it helps.

Mead, the socially awkward fry cook turned zombie slayer, abandoned the main group of survivors weeks ago, fleeing like a ghost in the night. His whereabouts have been a mystery, until now. I KILL THE DEAD is Mead's story and sets the stage for the LIFE OF THE DEAD finale in book 5.

In the months after the zombies arrived, Mead travels the east coast, kills zombies with reckless glee, crafts an assortment of weapons, and meets fellow survivors, some new and some old. Along the way Mead shares his expertise on everything from exploding zombies to oral hygiene in the midst of the apocalypse.

I KILL THE DEAD is a 125 page novella told from Mead's point of view.




My Review:


In the fourth book in the Life of the Dead world we get to see things through the eyes of Mead, I Kill the Dead. Mead is on his own now just trying to survive one day at a time while killing zombies. He believes that is the best thing as he gets everyone he comes in contact with killed. But he starts to miss having people around and wishes he had stayed with Wim as he is starting to miss him. So he decides that since he has doing better to do he will go looking for Wim and the rest of his crew. 

I Kill the Dead is Mead’s journal where he writes down the things that goes on his life during the zombie apocalypse, the end of the world as we know it. On his journey Mead meets quite a few interesting characters there were a couple that really stood out for me. 

I really loved LaRon with the way he looked at life and how he saw things and he was very inventive. He just seemed to be a real laid back kind of person. 

Another one of the characters that he meets up with in Maine I totally loved. Adding in that little part was fantastic I loved it. I think Mead is becoming one of my favorite characters now I loved getting to know that side of the man. 

I loved seeing Mead meet up with other characters in the Life of the Dead world and can’t wait to see how and if some of the other characters lives cross. 

I loved Mead’s story and can’t wait to read more of him in future books or at least I hope I see more of him. I Kill the Dead was one amazing ride. I loved all the blood and gore. It is filled with zombies around every curve and ole Mead just plowed right through them, oh yeah. When Mead came upon a horde he mowed them down leaving the streets paved in blood. 

If you love zombies then you are going to fall in love the Life of the Dead world. Pick up your copies today starting with the first book Hell on Earth and on to the second book Road of the Damned and then the third book I Kill the Dead. If you like The Walking Dead, Z Nation or even The Stand then you are going to love I Kill the Dead and the other books in Life of the Dead as well. 


Connect with Tony:




0 comments: