Saturday, January 2, 2021

Review: Shattered World (Broken World #2) by Kate L. Mary @kmary0622

Shattered World

Broken World #2

by Kate L. Mary

Published: October 4, 2014

Genre: Science Fiction, Apocalyptic, Post-apocalyptic, Zombies, Horror

Blurb:

***Contains Spoilers for Broken World***

Stranded in the middle of the Mojave Desert, surrounded by zombies, Vivian and Axl’s group are sure they’re facing the end. The dead are closing in and the shelter they were promised is sealed tight, only they refuse to go down without a fight. Just when they think they’ve run out of time, the doors to the shelter are thrown open and they’re given refuge. Five years in underground condos with all the provisions there for the taking. It’s almost too good to be true. With the promise of security, Vivian hopes she’ll finally able to take a deep breath and deal with everything that’s happened. The loss of Emily, her growing feelings for Axl, and the terrifying new world they’re facing.

But the group’s sense of security is soon shattered when they learn the shelter isn’t the utopia they thought it would be. It seems the company that built the shelter decided to solve their financial problems by selling off provisions, which means the group has to find a way to get food, fuel and medical supplies. Or face starvation.

And Vegas is the closest city.

With her feelings for Axl stronger than ever, Vivian volunteers to accompany him and a few others on a trip into one of the biggest tourist cities in the world in search of supplies. The city is overrun with the dead, but there are other survivors as well. Only not everyone they meet is a welcome sight. As the emotional baggage piles up, Vivian and Axl’s bond grows stronger than ever, but it doesn’t take long to realize that zombies aren’t the only thing they have to fear.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Vivian, Axl, and Angus have finally reached a safe place, underground condos. The underground condos are the perfect safe place it has been well-stocked for five years or so that is what they were told when they first arrived but after a search through all the condos, they soon found that to no longer be true. They were low on lots of supplies like food and fuel for the generators, and medicines plus a number of other things.

They had enough supplies for about two weeks for the number of people there so they had to send a team out to look for more. The closes town or city was Las Vegas. Well, that worried me as Las Vegas is a big city that could hold a lot of zombies. Yeah, I was worried for them but I was excited for me as that meant a lot of zombies to fight, “chop, chop”.

Axl is one of the first to volunteer and Vivian is not far behind him in volunteering herself as her feelings for Axl have grown stronger and there was no way she was letting him go without her. I know exactly how she feels as I would definitely be the same way with my husband because I am now.

I always want to go with him everywhere to hopefully keep him safe. I know that if something happened there probably wouldn’t be much I could do but I guess that deep down I am hoping that if I am there I will have his back and nothing will happen or that I can see it before it does and stop it.

And as expected Las Vegas is overrun with zombies and I got to see (or felt as if I was seeing it) battle after battle as they fought zombies and more zombies. I got a little worried there when some of the zombies surrendered them leaving them with no way out. I could just see the whole thing going down in my head. I kept shouting out to them in my head to watch out or don’t do that. I wanted to crawl right into the book with them and kill a few zombies myself.

I got pretty worried about Vivian once when she got knocked down by two zombies and her knife went flying I didn’t know if she was going to make it out alive. Once I picked up Shattered World I couldn’t stop reading it until I had reached the end of the story. There was no way I could stop reading with that many walking dead wondering around looking and searching out their next meal.  

 

Connect with Kate L. Mary:

0 comments: