Sunday, January 30, 2022

Review: Jangle – A Short Story by Nic Roads @NicRoads


 Jangle – A Short Story

by Nic Roads

Published: January 29, 2022

Genre: Post-Apocalyptic, Thriller


Blurb:


The world crumbled to dust a year ago. But for the survivors, the worst is yet to come.

The Jangle started on Christmas Eve. A horrific worldwide earthquake that cascaded around the globe, and never stopped.

Now, twelve months later, there's almost nothing left of civilization. For the few hardscrabble individuals left roaming the trembling, devastated wastelands, every day is a desperate fight for survival.

Huey, who lost everything on that first, terrible night, bears a harsh secret: he knows that there's only a day or two left until all of humanity's hope is extinguished, and the Earth's constant quaking triggers the disaster to end all disasters. Faced with a looming cataclysm that dwarfs every horror he's seen to date, how will Huey and his friends celebrate their last day, knowing that their minutes are counted?

Jangle is a short post-apocalyptic survival thriller by Nic Roads, the author of Dom of the Dead and Better Dead than Red.


Goodreads


My Review:

When I read the summary for Jangle I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. What lay between the pages of Jangle was nothing like what I did expect though. Jangle may be a short story but it sure does pack a lot between its short pages. Jangle would or I hope is a great introduction to a brand new world.

Jangle came alive on the pages as I read page after page. I was so enthralled with Jangle that I had to read it more than once as I wanted to absorb every little morsel.

Oh, and let me tell you, Jangle was full of mystery, holding on to it, and then all at once right there at the end, it all became so clear as it was all revealed. I would love to read more about these characters, more about their survival, and about their lives as it led up to that awful eventful day that started it all.

Jangle is unlike any other story that I have read before.

My recommendation is that you need to read Jangle today! Jangle’s story needs to be spread far and wide! One-click your copy of Jangle, a thrilling little gem today for an epic adventure, unlike anything you have read before!


Be sure and check out Nic Roads Zombie Vale series


Dom of the Dead

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Better Dead Than Red

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Nic Roads:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: