Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Review: Desolation (Powers Legacy #1) by Starr Z. Davies @SZDavies

Desolation

Powers Legacy #1

by Starr Z. Davies

Published: March 29, 2023

Publisher: Character Assassin Books

Genre: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic


Blurb:


Paige and Gavin Powers are unique. It's in their very DNA – a gift from their legendary father, the current Minister and Hero of Elpis. But the two are nothing alike.


Gavin, the wonder child, displays multiple unfathomable superpowers. He can manipulate matter and energy to his will, dissect information in seconds, and he remembers everything he learns perfectly. The limits of his potential have yet to be determined.

Beside her brother, Paige’s Muscle Memory is good for one thing – a special military program her father doesn’t want her to join.

Overshadowed by her gifted brother and famous father, Paige yearns to prove that she is just as good as they are. That she is a Powers through and through. So when a mysterious signal hints the citizens of Elpis may not be as alone in the world as they were led to believe, Paige eagerly joins a mission into the desolate unknown to uncover answers – accompanied by her brother and four others.

But as the reality of the outside world closes in on them, Paige and Gavin tumble into a desperate fight for survival.

Desolation is the first book of Powers Legacy, following the children of Ugene Powers as they forge their own place in the shadow of their father's legacy. A perfect series for fans of Red Queen, The Maze Runner, or The Darkest Minds. The series twists dystopian, post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, and fantasy together, adding a dash of superpowers.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Desolation is the first book in the Powers Legacy series and it starts off with a blast right from the first page. Bullets are flying everywhere as Desolation starts off. Once I read that first page I was hooked. The action kept me glued to my seat. It never let up from the first page to the last. There was some sort of action on just about every page.

Desolation tells the story of Ugene Powers' children, Paige and Gavin’s story. I loved delving into Paige and Gavin’s story. Paige wants to show her parents that she has what it takes to be a Powers and that she is just as good as her brothers. Gavin’s only thoughts are just to keep his sister safe.

They get a signal that makes them believe that they may not be the only ones in the universe. Paige joins a mission to find out if there is anyone out there. Paige and her team set out to find where this mysterious signal is coming from and who it may be. Brother Gavin tags along so he can keep an eye on his sister.

I sorely loved reading about Ugene’s children and seeing how far they have come in the world. I enjoyed following along on their mission. When I was reading Desolation I could see it all playing out in my mind’s little eye.

When I was reading Desolation I kept seeing the world of Vikings and The 100. When I am reading a story I guess I relate it to what I am watching at the moment. Well, that is if they are relatable of course.

I would like to see Desolation made into a TV show. I do believe that Desolation would make a great TV show. I can’t wait for the next book to see where the world of the Powers Legacy goes next.

I love this world and all of its characters and I highly recommend Desolation to all dystopian and post-apocalyptic fans! Grab your copy of Desolation today! 


Connect with Starr Z. Davies

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

 

0 comments: