Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Review: Hunting You by Shade Owens @ShadeOwens

Hunting You

by Shade Owens

Published: April 16, 2024

Publisher: Red Raven Publishing

Genre: Psychological Thriller


Blurb:


My new coworker Erin Milton is hiding something.

She’s distracted, jumpy, and becomes visibly anxious every time she receives a new text message from her boyfriend.

I know what’s going on. I’ve been there. And something inside of me is telling me to help this girl... to get her out of that relationship before it's too late.

The only problem is, as soon as I stick my nose where most people would say it doesn't belong, I start receiving cryptic text messages from an unknown number. Worse, I think someone might be following me.

If her boyfriend is onto me, then I underestimated him, and I'm in real danger.

But that won't stop me.

He has no idea what I've been through and what I'm capable of.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Hunting You is about a woman who has been abused most of her life by either foster parents or boyfriends. So when a coworker is nervous whenever she gets a text from her boyfriend she knows exactly what is going on.

Bree decides to help this woman out. Most people would tell her to stay in her own lane and not to pry in someone’s business but Bree can’t do this as she knows exactly what this woman is going through.

Things start to get bad when Bree meddles in Erin’s affairs. Bree starts to get text messages from an unknown person telling her to mind her business or things will turn bad for her. But this person has no idea who they are messing with. Bree has no intentions of walking away now. She is in it for the long haul.

Hunting You was kind of a hard book to read with all the abuse but I read it anyway as I think you need to know things like this do go on in the world and that it is real and by reading it you are maybe giving support in some way or another to those who have been abused by hearing their story.

When you're reading Hunting You, you want to stop but can’t tear your eyes away as you want to know what happens to Bree and Erin. You want to know how their story turns out. You want to know who is texting Bree.

Grab a copy of Hunting You today!  



Connect with Shade Owens

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ TwitterInstagram

 

0 comments: