Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #2

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke andwould LOVE to see your top ten lists! the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

For future Top Ten Tuesday topics, check them out here!

This weeks Top Ten Tuesday list is books that I'd Play Hooky With. Yes I did cheat but when I read the Top Ten for this week I thought about it like if I was stranded on a desert island. Like books that you couldn't live without and could read over and over again and never get bored.

My Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With


The Stand
The Stand By: Stephen King

The Stand has been my favorite book for a long time, I guess since I first read it in high school. I love all the characters and that the world ends with a super flu that they call captain trips..



One Past Midnight: The Langoliers
The Langoliers By: Stephen King

I have always loved The Langoliers. They travel back in time kind of through a aurora borealis or the northern lights.



Witchblood
Witchblood By: Emma Mills

Witchblood is a page turner, a novel that I could not seem to put down. I lost sleep over this book. A whole new way of becoming a vampire.



Roots: The Saga of an American Family
Roots: The Saga of an American Family By: Alex Haley

This is a great book too, loved it. A birth in 1750, in an African village; it ends seven generations.



Queen
Queen By: Alex Haley
From Goodreads:

Multigenerational saga of Alex Haley's father's family through his grandmother, Queen, the proud daughter born of a slave and a white slave owner.



Gone with the Wind
Gone With The Wind By: Margret Mitchel
From Goodreads:

Revisit the South and fall under the spell of Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler all over again. After six decades, this sweeping saga set against the backdrop of the war-torn South remains one of the most beloved American novels ever written.



Scarlett
Scarlett (Gone With the Wind) By: Alexandra Ripley
From Goodreads:

Come back to Tara...to Scarlett and Rhett...and to the greatest love story in all fiction. This is the book whose initial publication was an instant sensation: selling out immediately, setting new records, and enthralling readers all over the world. This is the book everyone wants to read, savor, and enjoy...



Twilight Set (Twilight, #1-4)
The Twilight Saga (1-4) By: Stephnie Meyers

Bella falls in love with Edward who is a vampire. Her best friend Jacob, is a werewolf doesn't get along with Edward because Edward is vampire and Jacob is in love with her too.



Marked (House of Night, #1)
House Of Night Novels (1-10) By: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

I have read 7 books in this series and just love them all. I like the House of Night academy. I like where they each have an affinity for all the elements, except Zoey she has an affinity for all of the elements.



The Lonesome Dove Series
Lonesome Dove Series By: Larry McMurtry

I think I feel in love with Augustus McCrae (Gus) the first time that I read this. They travel cross country in wagons herding their cattle to claim land for their own, to start a new life.

4 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Great choices! I love Roots and Queen I read them when I was thirteen and have loved them ever since. I even have a first edition of Roots!
Here's my TTT post :)
-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

The Avid Reader said...

First edition that is cool.

Angela said...

What a fantastically diverse list! Would love for you to stop by and check out my Top Ten. Now following you with GFC :)

Alyssa said...

I haven't read any of these (except Twilight) I will have to pick them up!! Thanks for stopping by!