Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dark Magick (Wicca #4) By: Cate Tiernan

Dark Magick (Wicca, #4)Dark Magick by Cate Tiernan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Morgan is very upset by the fact that she thinks that she killed Hunter when she threw the athame that Cal gave her for birthday and hit Hunter with it resulting in Hunter going over the Cliff. Morgan takes Cal back to his house and bandages his wrist where the a braigh - a spelled chain meant to hurt witches that Hunter had tied him up with. She tries to send a witch message to Sky, Hunter’s cousin to tell her that Hunter is hurt and needs help. Morgan also calls 911 anonymously to report Hunter’s death.

Cal later takes Morgan to his secret room to where he does Dark Magick. Morgan doesn’t like his room. She can feel all the bad vibes from Cal practicing Dark Magick and she has to get out and fast. She needs to talk to someone about how she is feeling so she goes to see David the owner of Practical Magick, the store where she buys all her books on Wicca. When she arrives Hunter is there and neither one trust the other. Hunter is afraid that Morgan will try to kill him again. Morgan is so in love with Cal that she can’t believe anything that Hunter says. But Morgan and Hunter talk, Morgan still does not know what or who to believe.

She confronts Cal with everything that Hunter tells her. Cal tries to make her believe that it is all lies. When Cal finds out that she had been scrying with fire again he believes her and takes her back to his house and locks her in his secret room and sets it on fire. Morgan sends a witch message to Hunter, Sky, Bree and Robbie. Robbie and Bree come and drive Morgan’s car through the side of the room to get Morgan out and take her to safety.

I like how Cate Tiernan brings out all the characters I mean from the first book Book of Shadows I was sure that Cal and Morgan did not belong together the chemistry just wasn’t right. So therefore I have not been “team Cal” from the beginning. That is very unusual for me because normally I am always on the team of the one that the heroine is in love with first. Dark Magick is a very good read if you want to learn about Wicca, witches and witchcraft.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

I keep being told that I have to read this series! :) I'll definetly have to check it out!

- Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

I need to check out this series!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

The Avid Reader said...

It is a very good series. You can learn a lot about Wicca if that is your cup of tea.

My Reading Addiction said...

Throwback.. this is one of the first series I ever read!