Friday, January 17, 2020

Review: The Caverns by Kathy Dinisi @kathysad


The Caverns
by Kathy Dinisi
Published: June 14, 2018
Publisher: Kingston publishing company
Genre: Horror


Blurb:

Deep within the caverns, 250 feet below the soil in a dark mysterious cave lurks something so vicious, so wicked, no one has lived to tell the tale. That's until Christy, an independent journalist is hired to do an article on some of the most scariest places in Arizona.



After much research, she finds the perfect place. A haunted cavern located deep in the Arizona mountains. Far from any city, miles from the nearest town.



Where no one can hear the ear piercing screams of six people who decide to venture down where sunlight does not exist. Where not even a bat will dare close his eyes. What lurks in the darkness is not human, but not quite dead.



My Review:


A young journalist Christy is just trying to get by and pay the bills when she is offered a job covering a haunted hotel all experiences paid. Not wanting to make the long trip alone Christy ask her best friend Christina to go with her.

Upon arriving at the hotel Christy starts to hear things that others don’t seem to be hearing. Voices telling her to Run! Christy thinks the voices are just her imagination playing tricks on her because the hotel is supposed to be haunted so she ignores them and goes into the hotel anyway.

Once Christy, Christina and the hand full of people who signed up to spend a night of horrifying nightmares in a haunted hotel enter the caverns they then proceed to make their way deep into the cave hoping to see a few friendly ghost but what they do see is something far more than anything their imagination could ever come up with. There is something so sinister and terrify deep inside the caves that no human mind can comprehend.

The Caverns had me from the first word and pulled me into the depths of its terrifying world making me feel as if I was inside that cave with Christy and Christina as they fought with the ghosts trying to make their way out alive not knowing if they would or not. The suspense of the story had me on the edge of my seat as Christy tried to make her way out.

I could just see the look on her face as everything went down it was like I was seeing it all happen through her eyes this is why I love Kathy’s writing so much is because it is like I am seeing the world through the characters eyes or her eyes. I just love her writing style it is superb. Her stories are filled with action and suspense from the beginning which is what keeps those pages turning oh and not to mention all the twists on top of it.

The Caverns like all of Kathy’s books is a fast paced read and once I pick up one of her books there is no way I can ever lay them down until I have turned the last page. I can’t wait to dive into another one of her books.

I highly, highly recommend The Caverns to all horror, haunting and ghost fans.   



Connect with Kathy Dinisi:



0 comments: