Thursday, January 23, 2020

Review: Wanted by Shelby Haisley @ShelbyHaisley @BookTasters


Wanted
The August Havens Series #1
by Shelby Haisley
Published: January 24, 2014
Genre: Mystery, Suspense


Blurb:

August Havens was a normal girl until the night of the accident. During that fateful evening, both her beloved parents and her memory of the event vanished in an instant. She thought it was a blessing in disguise not to remember until the CIA came after her wanting to know her parents' secrets. Now with the help of a gruff rogue agent and a young and clever inventor with secrets of their own, she must unlock her memories of the most horrible night of her life and manage to stay one step ahead of her enemies. It won't be easy, but sometimes the skeletons in the closet must be revealed.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

A fifteen-year-old girl, August Havens barely escaped a car accident with her life but lost both her parents in the same accident. The last thing her father said to her was run August run and run she did.

As her father lay dying he told her that the accident was not an accident that there were some people who wanted her and that he had left her a package that would tell her what she needed to know. He also told August that she was not supposed to exist.

That accident sent August on the run for her life just trying to survive long enough to find out all the secrets that her parents had kept from her. August was hoping that whatever that package her father left her would finally reveal all the answers she needed to help her stay alive and maybe her parents secrets would reveal who she was and why she wasn’t supposed to exist.

What is in the package her father left her? What secrets lay in wake for August? Who is she? What is she? Why is the CIA and others hunting her? What do they want with August? Will she survive long enough to obtain the package?

When I read the summary for Wanted I knew right away that I had to read it as it left me with so many questions. It never disappointed me from the first page as it started out with action, mystery, secrets, danger, and suspense that never let up.

August took me on a very intense and fear filled journey as each scene played out and I just knew this was going to be the end of August but she is a very smart and resourceful girl who remembed some of the things her father had taught her.

Wanted was a great story with a great plot that pulled me in from the very beginning and once it did I was hooked. I love the writing style, Shelby writes in such a way to where I feel as if I can get inside the character’s head and know what they are feeling or thinking I feel a connection with the characters because of the way she writes. I can’t wait to check out more of Shelby’s work.


I would like to recommend Wanted to anyone who loves a good spy, mystery story with lots of action to keep the adrenaline pumping. 


Connect with Shelby Haisley:


0 comments: