Thursday, April 30, 2020

Review: Reluctant Fae (Fae Prison Academy #1) by Margo Ryerkerk & Holly Hook @MargoRyerkerk @hollyannehook

Reluctant Fae
Fae Prison Academy #1
by Margo Ryerkerk & Holly Hook
Published: April 30, 020
Genre: Fae, Vampire, Magic, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Dark Fantasy

Blurb:

Thrust into a terrifying paradise, I must survive.

My vampire master rejecting me was only the beginning of my adventure. Afraid of being sold to a sadistic vampire, I’m shocked when instead a mysterious Summer Court fae takes me to the faeland where I’m expected to develop my magic abilities and serve the ruthless Summer Court king.

To ensure my loyalty, the king has his High Commandeer Nathan keep an eye on me. Nathan is equal parts unbending and fascinating, his blind support of the king admirable and terrifying.

Will I pass the tests of the Summer Court and carve out a place for myself in my new home, or will I be exiled back to Earth?
Join me on my heart-racing, enchanting, and romantic adventure now!

Reluctant Fae is a YA/New Adult fae academy novel and the first book in the Prison Fae Academy trilogy.

Book Two, Rebellious Fae will be released in spring 2020.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

A Fae, Virgie is a vampire courtesan to a very high and powerful vampire. He has never laid a hand on her in any way which is confusing for Virgie. She wonders why he bought her to be his courtesan. One day Virgie thinks she has fell out of favor with her master and is afraid that he is going to sell her to another vampire that will probably use and abuse her.

Imagine her surprise when that is not what happened. No before that could take place Virgie is swept away by a Summer Court Fae and taken to Faeland. In Faeland Virgie is to serve the king. Virgie is taught about the difference between the Summer Fae, the Winter Fae and all the Fae in the land and how to respect them. Virgie is also to be taught how to use her powers and practice so she can become stronger.

When her training is over Virgie is not sure where she if she will get to stay in Faeland or if she will be sent to Earth.  Virgie works real hard in training hoping to pass the test of the Summer Court and hopefully she will be able to stay in Faeland.

Reluctant Fae is the first book in a brand new trilogy the Fae Prison Academy. Reluctant Fae took us into the beautiful Faeland where I felt as if I was there myself. I could just see all the beautiful colors in the fields and their clothes. The descriptions of the different colors made me feel all warm and cozy and light, happy. The world building was so well done I could see it in my head as if I had ESP or something. Maybe the authors had me under their spell or they have magic abilities like Virgie or something similar.

Reluctant Fae has suspense enough to keep you glued to the pages waiting to see what is going to happen next. The twists just keep rolling out keeping the pages turning twists that I never expected.

The vampires, Virgie and the Fae will keep you glued to the pages unable to put it down until you have read the last page with all these awesome new characters as well as a few that we already know from other books in the Nocturnal Academy series.


I highly recommend Reluctant Fae to all vampire, fae, and magic fans and to those who have read the Nocturnal Academy series. One click your copy today to begin this wonderful new adventure in the Faeland. 


Connect with Margo Ryerkerk:

Connect with Holly Hook:

0 comments: