Thursday, April 30, 2020

Review: Van Helsing Academy by Stacey O’Neale @StaceyONeale


Van Helsing Academy
by Stacey O’Neale
Published: April 28, 2020
Publisher: Phoenix Reign Publishing
Genre: Romance, Paranormal, Fantasy

Blurb:

Welcome to the Van Helsing Academy: a rehabilitation center for vampires, shifters, and witches who don't like to follow the rules.

Mina can't remember anything about the night she was attacked. All she knows is what she's been told: she got separated from her team during a mission and turned up two months later covered in cuts and bruises alongside two dead vampires.

After being blamed for their deaths, she is sentenced to three years at the supernatural rehabilitation center, the Van Helsing Academy.

As Mina searches for answers, lies are slowly unraveled and alliances forged. Soon she will uncover a secret plot that threatens to destroy her family legacy and ignite a war between the supernatural factions.

Van Helsing Academy is the first book in a new YA paranormal romance series. No harem. Perfect for fans of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, and Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep.




My Review:


When I first laid eyes on Van Helsing Academy I was like oh I got to read this. I have been into vampires, witches and shifters for a long time now and I love the TV show Van Helsing. I have also become attached to academy books lately too. I love the setting in the academy books with the school and all the paranormal creatures and how they all interact with each other.

When I picked up Van Helsing Academy I will have to admit it was not what I was expecting in an academy book but oh I love the twist that it portrays. Van Helsing Academy is different from other books I have read by the fact that the students attending Van Helsing have done something bad or have committed murder and are being rehabilitated for their crimes while other academy books the students are being taught how to use their powers.  

Mina Van Helsing wakes up in the hospital and is told that she has been in a coma for a couple of months. She was told that she was caught on camera killing two vampires. Mina has no memory of what happened to her while she was away but she doesn’t believe that she killed anyone.

Mina is put on trial for murder and is convicted and sent to Van Helsing Academy where she hopes she can find answers to what happened to her that awful uneventful night.

At the academy Mina knows that she has a lot of enemies and her life is in danger because of whom and what she is. She knows she can’t trust anyone at the academy and makes a few enemies like the Queen B’s. But Mina does make a new friend while she is there too. She also meets a guy at the academy that causes her temperate to sky rocket every time she is around him.

As Mina is searching for the answers she needs she soon learns that something is going on between the witches, vampires and the shifters. A war between the paranormal creatures is brewing.

Van Helsing Academy is a great introduction into a brand new world of vampires, Witches, Shifters and humans. The world building is just awesome and the characters were just great. I loved how they all got along but at the same time they didn’t either. I also liked that the world setting was in present day or like our real world but then add in vampires, witches, and shifters.

I was hooked from the title and the first page of course. Once I dived into this magical world of Van Helsing Academy I was lost among its pages and didn’t come up for air until I had read the whole thing. The world around me was gone and in its place was Mina’s. I can’t wait to read more in the Van Helsing Academy world with the next book.

Van Helsing Academy is one book that I highly recommend to all vampires, witches, and shifters. And if you like the TV shows like Van Helsing or The Vampire Diaries then you are going to love Van Helsing Academy. One click your copy today! 



Connect with Stacey O’Neale:

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Website




1 comments:

Stacey said...

Thank you for taking thr time to read and review my novel. I'm glad you enjoyed it.