Saturday, February 27, 2021

Review: Kissing Monsters by Lynn Robin @LynnRobinAuthor

Kissing Monsters

Kissing Monsters #1

by Lynn Robin

Published: June 17, 2020

Genre: Fantasy, Horror, Dark Fantasy

Blurb:

When you kiss a monster, you turn them into angels.

If you’d kiss the Collector, he would turn you into a monster.

So… what happens if you would kiss a human?”

Her name is Kiss.

She travels the world to find monsters to kiss and turn them into angels—for the world has too many monsters and too few angels, she believes; too many shadows and too few stars in the sky.

But then she crosses paths with Zane, a young human man, a lost and lonely cello player, who tells her about the Collector—a monster who would turn her into a demon if she’d kiss him.

The Collector wants and claims everything that catches his attention.

And so, he starts hunting for Kiss.

Will she run? Will she stay and fight?

Or could Zane, a mere human, save her instead?

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Kissing Monsters is a very unique story. Kissing Monsters is a short story but it definitely reads like a full-length novel. It has one twist after another with never a dull moment in between. Once I picked up Kissing Monsters I was hooked. It drew me into its depths from the first page. There was this one big gigantic twist that I never ever saw coming. Oh, no I never expected it but it was so brilliant and it honestly left my mouth hanging open, literally.

I loved, loved the twist on angels, demons, and monsters. The idea of Kissing Monsters alone is so brilliant and amazing. I can’t even give it the praise it deserves as I am lost for words. I loved the concept of turning monsters into angels with just a kiss.

When I read the summary for Kissing Monsters the meaning of this verse


When you kiss a monster, you turn them into angels.

If you’d kiss the Collector, he would turn you into a monster.

So… what happens if you would kiss a human?”


did not hit me until I was reading about it in the story. But while I was reading Kissing Monsters and learning about the girl named Kiss and her story about kissing monsters and turning them into angels I kept thinking about Jesus and Lucifer. You about how Lucifer fell or got kicked out of Heaven and he was no longer an angel but a demon or a monster if you wish. Kissing Monsters is like the reverse of Lucifer’s story of an angel being turned into a demon or monster.

I loved everything about Kissing Monsters. I loved that a girl named Kiss kissed monsters and they then turned into angels. I loved that if a girl kissed the collector she would become a monster. I loved the thought that if a girl kissed a human, what would happen? I can’t wait to read more in the Kissing Monsters world to see what will happen next.

Do I recommend Kissing Monsters? Oh, yes I highly recommend Kissing Monsters to anyone looking for one of the most amazing stories of the year! One-click your copy of Kissing Monsters so you too can read this amazingly brilliant story today! 


Connect with Lynn Robin:


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


Website ~ Instagram ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ YouTube

0 comments: