Friday, March 3, 2023

Review: Shift Happens (The Legend of Nyx #5) by Theophilus Monroe

Shift Happens

The Legend of Nyx #5

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: December 24, 2021

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Shifters, Young Adult, Paranormal, LGBTQ+


Blurb:


The Neck are coming for me...

It was just a matter of time before they'd demand I return to the waters.


But I'm not the same monster I used to be.


Shifting into whatever form someone desires the most... making them into my next meal.

Unless I go with them, they'll keep targeting my friends.


How many more people have to die so I can have the life I want?


I have a choice: either go back to the water, resume my life as a human-eating elemental... or fight back against my own kind.


Shift Happens is the fifth book in the Legend of Nyx series. If you enjoy shifter urban fantasy, vampire urban fantasy, with snarky and unlikely heroes, then you’ll enjoy this vampire hunter series. Fans of Michael Anderle, Shayne Silvers, or Linsey Hall will love Theophilus Monroe’s Legend of Nyx series. Shift Happens is a one-of-a-kind shape shifting LGBT adventure where a trans heroine loses her powers but overcomes the odds.


Fans of Monroe’s Legacy of a Vampire Witch series met Nyx before in Bloody Mad. Now "Nicky" gets her chance at revenge, redemption, and romance.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Once again Theophilus Monroe has pulled me deep into Nyx’s world. In Shift Happens we learn more about Nyx and the world she came from. We learn more about her people the Neck. And just like us, Nyx learns a lot of stuff about herself that she did not remember.

The Neck wants Nyx back. They want her to come back and live with them in the water but that is not what Nyx wants. Nyx loves the life she has built with her boyfriend Devin and her sort of daughter Malinda. Nyx will do whatever it takes to keep her life just the way it is.

But the Neck plays a hard game. Their plan to get what they want from Nyx is to kill the ones she loves the most, her family, friends, and all humans if it comes to that.

Nyx asks for help from her friends. Friends from other stories and books. I love that Theophilus Monroe brings characters from other books. When that happens it makes you want to go check out their book to see what it is all about. I love all the characters in this world. I love how they interact with each other and how they can cut up with each and the things they say.

I can’t seem to get enough of this world and can’t wait to dive into the next book Shift on a Shingle.

Grab your copy of Shift Happens today!



Be sure and check out all the books in The Legend of Nyx Series.


Scared Shiftless #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Bat Shift Crazy #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


No Shift, Sherlock #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Shift For Brains #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Shift Happens #5

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: