Saturday, March 4, 2023

Review: Shift on a Shingle (The Legend of Nyx #6) by Theophilus Monroe

Shift on a Shingle

The Legend of Nyx #6

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: May 19, 2022

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Shifters, Young Adult, Paranormal, LGBTQ+


Blurb:


I'm not just fighting for myself. I'm fighting for my family.

Mother Shipton has taken my sister, Loralei.


Elemental Vampires are terrorizing the city.


How can you kill vampires who can't be staked?

Every time I take one down it returns to the river and reemerges the following night.


I need to find Nimue. She's a fairy who alone holds the power that might allow me to free Loralei.


Without her I won't stand a chance against Shipton and the Elemental Vampires.

But how does one find a fairy who doesn't want to be found? Will she even help me if I do?


Shift on a Shingle is the sixth book and a thrilling conclusion to the Legend of Nyx series. If you enjoy shifter urban fantasy, vampire urban fantasy, with snarky and unlikely heroes, then you’ll enjoy this vampire hunter series. Fans of Shayne Silvers, Linsey Hall, or Laurel Hamilton's Anita Blake books will love Theophilus Monroe’s Legend of Nyx series.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:



Theophilus Monroe just keeps on surprising me story after story. The twists and turns just keep on rolling out. Not to mention the action. Each story just seems to get better and better with each turn of the page. From the moment you pick up one of his books you are pulled into its story from the first page until the last.

Once again The Legend of Nyx pulled me deep into its world with the last book in the series Shift on a Shingle. I was hooked from the first page as it starts out with action, action that never lets up, action that keeps you hanging on and racing to the end wanting to know everything at once.

I love this world and all its paranormal creatures. I love how they all live in the same world. Vampires, Shifters, Witches, plus so many more. I am amazed at how Theophilus Monroe keeps all his characters and their stories separate. He makes it seem so easy. I can’t wait to read more by this author.

The Neck keeps coming back night after night even after they have been staked. Nyx kills them one night and they reappear the next. After they are staked they return to the water to heal and come back the next night to feed on humans. Can they be stopped? If they could then how? Nyx has a plan but she is going to need a lot of help from her friends. Can she stop them? Can she keep her family safe?

Grab your copy of Shift on a Shingle today!



Be sure and check out all the books in The Legend of Nyx Series.


Scared Shiftless #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Bat Shift Crazy #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


No Shift, Sherlock #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Shift For Brains #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Shift Happens #5

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Shift on a Shingle #6

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: