Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Review: The Webs You Weave by Shade Owens @ShadeOwens

The Webs You Weave

by Shade Owens

Published: August 6, 2024

Publisher: Red Raven Publishing

Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Psychological Thriller, Domestic Thriller



Blurb:


MEGHAN

My husband is a cheating bastard.

​If it weren't for my daughter, I'd have gotten rid of him years ago. But I don't want my sweet Hazel growing up the way I did. So I've continued putting up with Cole's indiscretions. But this time around, Cole crosses a line that he can't come back from. And I'm going to teach him a lesson he'll never forget.

​--------------------

COLE

I love my wife dearly, but she needs some serious help.

​Ever since her traumatic brain injury, she hasn't been the same. She's constantly accusing me of cheating on her. Yes, I've made mistakes, but that's in the past, and I've apologized for those. Now, I think she might even be following me to work. She's taking things too far. I don't know how much more of this I can handle. The only problem is, I'm afraid that if I try to leave her, she'll kill me.

Goodreads


My Review:


The Webs You Weave pulled me deep into its world with the first chapter. The mystery and suspense kept me hanging on page after page. Oh and let me tell you a bit about the many twists and turns that kept me glued to my seat as I raced to the end. There were so many twists and turns that I couldn’t keep up with them. I never saw the twists coming. The Webs You Weave kept me in the dark wondering what was actually happening.

Meghan thought her husband Cole was cheating on her. He says he wasn’t or he had in the past but that part of his life was over. He says he had apologized more than once. What else did she want from him? He says it is all in her head. Meghan had been in an accident in the past that left her with a TBI or traumatic brain injury, paralyzed on one side and her face disfigured.

I had a hard time trying to figure out what was true and what may not have been true. I couldn’t figure out if Cole was cheating on her or not even though there did seem to be evidence pointing to it.

The more I read the more of the story was revealed and all the pieces started to fall into place I began to understand what was going on after all. It made more since then as to what was happening.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Webs You Weave with all the suspense and drama that was going on in Cole, Meghan, and Hazel’s lives. This is one book that is going to stay with me for a long time to come.

I highly recommend The Webs You Weave to all those mystery and suspense fans! Grab a copy of The Webs You Weave today!

 

Connect with Shade Owens

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ TwitterInstagram

 

0 comments: