Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Review: The Reaper's Shadow by Alicia Rades @aliciarades

The Reaper’s Shadow

College of Witchcraft #2

by Alicia Rades

Published: November 18, 2020

Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult, New Adult, Magic, Witches, Wizards


Blurb:


Even witches can’t outrun their demons.

Nadine

My magic’s been awakened, but being a witch is a death-wish. I’m the only Curse Breaker alive, and if the coven found out, they’d turn on me. I must hide who I truly am to ensure my freedom.

There’s a witch in town intent on driving me out of my home. Chloe has stepped up her mean-girl tactics, but I refuse to leave Octavia Falls. I must find a way to break the curse over our families before her powers are awakened.

As if one curse wasn’t enough. I’m on the verge of becoming the Reaper’s Shadow, the cursed mate of a Reaper’s Apprentice. Being with Lucas should be easy. I just have to outrun my darkness long enough to break the curse...

Lucas

Two children have gone missing from the coven, and no magic can find them. I want to help, but I barely know how to help myself.

The only way to get my hands on information is to pursue my own investigation.

Meanwhile, I fear that I’ve damned Nadine to a cursed life. If only I could keep my hands off her long enough to save her from death.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Nadine’s magic has awakened. A dark shadow is hanging over her head. She has a secret that she must never let the coven find out. Nadine is the only Curse Breaker alive. That’s not the only problem she has.

Nadine is endangered of becoming the Reaper’s Shadow. Nadine’s boyfriend Lucas is the Reaper’s Apprentice and all she needs to do is keep her hands off him or more like he should keep his hands off her if he wants to keep her dark side at bay.

There is a girl in Nadine’s class, Chloe who wants to see Nadine leave Octavia Falls. Chloe will stop at nothing to try and get Nadine to leave town but Nadine has no intentions whatsoever of doing that. Nadine must find a way to break the curse that is hanging over Chloe and Nadine’s family before Chloe’s magic awakens or before Chloe takes her out.

I felt bad for and admired Nadine for trying so hard to learn her magic and become stronger. She would get so tired from using her magic. I have to give her credit she is one tough cookie never giving up and always pushing herself beyond her limits, wearing herself out. Nadine and Lucas both are strong characters always having their friends back.

Someone is going around town taking innocent children from their beds doing the middle of the night. Lucas wants to find these children to do so he must start his own investigation. Lucas interviews all the parents. It doesn’t take him long to figure out that the parents are hiding something from him. He must find out how or if the missing children are connected and what their parents are hiding if he is going to find the missing children.

The Reaper’s Shadow has lots of secrets and twists between its pages. Once I picked it up I was hooked I couldn’t put it down as I had to know how it all turned out. Like who took the children? Why did they take the children? How far is Lucas willing to go to save Nadine from the Reaper’s Shadow? I can’t wait for the next book in the College of Witchcraft series.

I highly recommend The Reaper’s Shadow to all fans of magic and the paranormal. One-click your copy of The Reaper’s Shadow today to begin this enchanting adventure! 

 

Connect with Alicia Rades:

0 comments: