Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Review: Genesis (The Colony #1) by Michaelbrent Collings @mbcollings

Genesis

The Colony #1

by Michaelbrent Collings

Published: February 4, 2014

Publisher: Written Insomnia Press

Genre: Horror, Suspense, Thriller, Zombies, Post-Apocalyptic, Apocalyptic, Dystopia, Science Fiction


Blurb:


FORGET EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT ZOMBIES.


In under 10 minutes, 99.9% of the world's population will be dead… or changed. Conversion is instant. Headshots just make them angry. And they’re getting smarter.

Ken Strickland has made it through the first moments. But his family is still out there.

Can he survive? Can he find them? Or will he become one more of the

creatures that now rule our world?



"I barely had time to buckle my mental seatbelt before the pedal hit the metal...." - The Horror Fiction Review


"If I could, I would gladly give this novel a 10 star rating." - Horror Novel Reviews


"Michaelbrent Collings again hits it out of thepark." - Monster Librarian


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review: 

I love reading books with lots and lots of zombies. I can’t seem to get enough of zombie books. I have read so many that it is very hard to surprise me with the zombies but Michaelbrent Collings has done just that as he has written a zombie book quite unlike any I believe I have read before. I loved the twist that he added to the zombies.

Genesis started out with a bang with zombies at the starting gate and believe me I loved each and every minute of it. That beginning pulled me in and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through to the end. I don’t believe I even took a breath from the moment it all began, well, of course, if that was even possible that is.

Michaelbrent Collings knows how to make each and every scene come alive. The descriptions are so real and vivid that you have no problem none what so ever picturing it all in your head as if you are standing right there witnessing each and every zombie bite.

Genesis kept reminding me of that movie World War Z or maybe it was more the zombies themselves. I’m not quite sure what it was that reminded me of the zombies in World War Z. Maybe it was how fast they were. I kept thinking that any minute now the zombies would start piling on top of each other or something like that.

I sure would like to see Genesis on the big screen as I would love to have another zombie TV series to watch. The Walking Dead is my favorite TV show ever. I am going to miss it big time. But I still have Fear the Walking Dead to look forward too or at least I sorely hope so.

I love zombies so much that I highly recommend Genesis to all those zombie fans out there! One-click your copy of Genesis today for a thrilling walk with zombies!


Connect with Michaelbrent Collings:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub ~ YouTube

 

0 comments: