Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Review: The Retribution of Lilly (Zombie Whisperer Chronicles #2) by Chandra Fry@ChandraFry12

The Retribution of Lilly

Zombie Whisperer Chronicles #2

by Chandra Fry

Published: May 22, 2020

Publisher: Hydra Productions Online LLC

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic, Zombies, Horror


Blurb:


Malchus had almost succeeded in his zombie-filled adventure... that is...until he died.

Enraged by the death of her brother, Lilly goes on a rampage to eradicate all Wild Ones from the Earth. Those who dare cross her path do not live long after.

Though she is determined to fulfill her mission, many obstacles get in her way. She is thrust into a whirlwind of challenges. As she fights her way through each one, she makes many new friends, is reacquainted with a few old ones, and discovers a new enemy nobody saw coming.

Join Lilly as she goes on the hunt. Along the way you will meet a severed head, Spartan soldiers, and an unusual pet.


Do not miss out on this journey, book 2 of the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles, especially if you're a fan of Stephen King or Isaac Marion.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub



My Review:


The Retribution of Lilly opened with a bang and never let up. There was action from beginning to end with a whole lot of zombie killing in between. I love the new twist on the zombies I am still enthralled by this. I do believe that The Retribution of Lilly just may be a bit better than its predecessor The Journey of Malchus.

Don’t get me wrong I still love Malchus just as much as ever but Lily really stepped up this time around. She has grown so much. Lilly is very fun, happy, smart, bold, courageous, and even a little bit scary.

I have truly enjoyed reading her story or taking this journey with her. I enjoyed meeting all of Lily’s new friends and seeing a few of her old friends make an appearance as well.

The Retribution of Lilly made me so sad in the beginning with the incident with Malchus. I felt so bad for Lilly. It had me in tears. I was so sad to have seen the last of one of my favorite characters leave us so soon.

I am just as much in awe of this second book in the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles, The Retribution of Lilly as I was the first book, The Journey of Malchus.

The world-building has grown so much. I didn’t think it was possible to get any better but boy was I wrong. The writing has grown tremendously as well. Like Malchus’s journey, Lilly’s story jumped right off the pages and slammed me in the face with all of its magnificence.

I highly recommend The Retribution of Lilly to all dystopia fans. If you like TV shows like The Walking Dead and Z Nation then you are going to love the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles. I highly encourage you to grab your copy of The Retribution of Lilly today and step into a new world with a new twist on the zombie genre! On and don’t forget to the first book in the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles, The Journey of Malchus.


Be sure and check out the other books in the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles


Before the Whispers: A Zombie Whisperer Chronicles Prequel


Goodreads


Amazon



Origins: A Zombie Whisperer Chronicles Novella


Goodreads


Amazon


BookBub



The Journey of Malchus #1


Goodreads


Amazon


BookBub



The Retribution of Lilly #2


Goodreads


Amazon


BookBub



Connect with Chandra Fry:

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram

 

0 comments: