Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Review: No Shift, Sherlock (The Legend of Nyx #3) by Theophilus Monroe

No Shift, Sherlock

The Legend of Nyx #3

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: September 8, 2021

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Shifters, Young Adult, Paranormal, LGBTQ+


Blurb:


As if bloodsuckers weren't frightening enough...

whatever killed these people consumed their souls...


Leaving their bodies completely unscathed.


The victims had only one thing in common.

They were all attacked at my club.


But when you mess with my fans, Nicky's fans... well, you'll unleash Nyx and soon regret it.


The Grimoire of the Nazarene is still missing.


If the Order of the Morning Dawn finds it first, Mina will unleash a legion of angels to wipe out everything she deems unnatural: vampires, witches, me... and good people like me, people in my community.


Is there a connection between these killings and the missing grimoire?


I have reason to believe it's all connected.


With every body that turns up at my club I suspect that Mina gets a little closer to acquiring the Grimoire of the Nazarene and ending us all.


No Shift, Sherlock is the third book in the Legend of Nyx series. If you enjoy shifter urban fantasy, vampire urban fantasy, with snarky and unlikely heroes, then you’ll enjoy this vampire hunter series. Fans of Michael Anderle, Shayne Silvers, or Linsey Hall will love Theophilus Monroe’s Legend of Nyx series.


Nyx is a badass, trans woman. And every vampire's, and supernatural killer’s, worst nightmare.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

No Shift, Sherlock is the third book in The Legend of Nyx series by Theophilus Monroe. Like the two books before it No Shift, Sherlock starts out with a bang as a young woman is found dead in the parking lot of Nyx’s nightclub. Nyx’s hired three new backup singers for the club.

While Nyx and Devin are out of the club working on a case she asks one of the singers to open for her. After the show ends the singer, Amelia is found in the parking lot dead. Her soul had been sucked right out of her. But it doesn’t appear to have been done by a vampire as there are no bites.

No one knew that something like this could be done ever. Before long more bodies turn up and at Nyx’s place. Who is killing these people and why? Never fear for Nyx is on the case and as everybody knows she will not stop until the murderer is revealed.

No Shift, Sherlock is just as interesting and filled with mystery as its predecessors. It feels me with laughter. I would the way the characters talk. The characters are all just as awesome as their language happens to be. I am used to the way the characters talk as my husband says things in the same category. He keeps me rolling in laughter.

No Shift, Sherlock kept me glued to my seat as I waited for each clue/mystery to be revealed. I was racing to the end to see how everything came out. I love this world and can’t wait to read more of it. I can’t wait to dive into the next book Shift For Brains to see what lies ahead for each character. I can’t wait to see where their story goes next.

Grab your copy of Shift For Brains today!



Be sure and check out all the books in The Legend of Nyx Series.


Scared Shiftless #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Bat Shift Crazy #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


No Shift, Sherlock #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: