Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Review: No More Chances (Callow and Oakley FBI Thriller #2) by David Viergutz


 No More Chances

Callow and Oakley FBI Thriller #2

by David Viergutz

Published: October 24, 2023

Publisher: ‎ The Nightmare Engine

Genre: Horror, Thriller


Blurb:



A ritualistic killer. A sleepy town. Zero suspects …

Genevieve Callow, the
 FBI’s top criminal profiler, is growing tired of her constant race against the clock.

A quieter life seems possible, until a hike in the woods around the town of Roxobel leads to the discovery of a victim’s body covered in runes on a bloody altar.

Local law enforcement are outmatched and under-equipped, and the townspeople are terrified by the evidence of more rituals to come …

First on scene, Callow and her team are immediately assigned to the case, her short reprieve now interrupted by a cunning and sadistic killer who knows exactly who she is.

The townsfolk are depending on Callow to solve the case before the bodies pile up, because the killer has made one thing clear …

He is far from finished …


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

No More Chances is the second book in the Callow and Oakley FBI Thriller by David Viergutz. No More Chances kept me on my toes wondering what was going to happen next. No More Chances grabbed my attention from the first page. The mystery surrounding the murder scenes kept me hooked. I could imagine it all as I was reading.

No More Chances is one of those books that will make you set up and take notes. It will stay with you long after you have read the last page. Just to imagine it all but wait I don’t think I want to but alas it is too late. 

No More Chances is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I have been reading stories and watching TV shows of this nature for a while now. No More Chances reminds me so much of quite a few TV shows. I do think that the Callow and Oakley series would make a great TV show. I know I would watch it.

The mystery alone is enough to keep those pages turning. But the many twists and turns that kept me in suspense played a big role as well. I can’t wait to read more about Callow’s adventures in future books.

I highly recommend No More Chances to all murder mystery fans! Grab a copy of No More Chances today!


Be sure and check out all the books in the Callow and Oakley FBI Thriller Series.


Red Mud River, Prequel

Goodreads

Amazon


One More Victim #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


No More Chances #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with David Viergutz:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: