Sunday, May 2, 2021

Review: Before The Darkest Hour by Brenna Harlow @BrennaHarlow

Before The Darkest Hour

SoulBlood #0.5

by Brenna Harlow

Published: January 2021

Publisher: Brenna Harlow

Genre: Vampire, Paranormal Romance

Blurb:

People are being attacked by blood-sucking monsters, and I'll do anything to survive.

Maggie and her dorm mates are caught in a pickle.

The world is crashing and burning outside, monsters are attacking people in the streets, and they have nowhere to hide.

Until Jezebel gets the grand idea to call on an old friend for help... Yeah, nothing goes as planned.

Now Maggie has to find a way to escape the grasps of a new enemy.

This is a prequel novella to my Vampire Paranormal Romance series, 'The SoulBlood Series'

Add to Goodreads


My Review:

I have been looking for a book like Before The Darkest Hour for a very long time and now I have finally found it. I have been wanting to read a series of books where vampires take over the world like zombies. Before The Darkest Hour was everything I was looking for and more. I can’t wait to read the first book in the SoulBlood Series, Blood at Dusk.

Before The Darkest Hour opens with vampires running a muck attacking humans. Before The Darkest Hour centers around a group of college girls who are on lockdown in their dorm room.

I can just imagine the fear they are feeling with all the noise going on outside, people screaming as the vampires tear into their throats, drinking their blood. I can just see them standing, staring out the window at the outside world watching as the vampires take their first bites from humans.

Before The Darkest Hour is told from two different points of view one being from one of the girls in the dorm and the other from a vampire. I love reading books where we get the story from both sides and from more than one person or in this case a vampire.

One of the girls remembers this guy she dated and that he was in the military and decides to give him a call hoping he would come and rescue them. After the call ends the girls are very excited about being rescued but soon learn their rescuers may just be just as dangerous if not more so than the vampires themselves.

I can’t wait to read more about this vampire-infested world in the first book Blood at Dusk. I can’t wait to read more about Maggie and the vampire. The world-building is so grand. I can’t wait to learn more about the vampires and where they came from and why they decided to visit Earth.

I would recommend Before The Darkest Hour to all those vampire lovers out there. If you like shows like Twilight or The Vampire Diaries or even The Walking Dead then you are going to love Before The Darkest Hour. 


Connect with Brenna Harlow:

Facebook ~ Twitter

Facebook Reader Group

Instagram ~ Pinterest ~ Tumblr

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: