Monday, July 26, 2021

Review: Cracked Altar: St. Andrews by David Viergutz

Cracked Altar: St. Andrews

by David Viergutz

Published: July 26, 2021

Publisher: David Viergutz

Genre: Horror, Fiction, Haunted, Ghost


Blurb:


Even churches cast a shadow.


Disgraced and disgruntled Deputy John Nova finally finds the chance at redemption in West Texas. Working patrol on deep nights, it’s a stark change for a high profile homicide detective. With a black smudge on his record, a pregnant wife, and a family to feed, his options are limited.

But, for him, redemption is only a dream. Drawn to an old church in the middle of the night, John stumbles upon a nightmarish scene.

Now the suspect in the case of a missing paranormal investigator, John is forced to pretend he isn’t hearing voices or seeing the ghostly image of a church imprinted on every backdrop.

His experiences grow more intense and terrifying, building towards a heart-stopping climax where John must face the evil behind what really happened that night, exposing a truth even he is afraid of.

Fans of twisted occult horror stories and small towns with sinister secrets will love Cracked Altar: St. Andrews.

An Otherworld Archives Horror Universe Novel.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Cracked Altar: St. Andrews drew me in from the first page and kept me in suspense until the last page was turned. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough to see what was going to happen next.

I liked that it was a paranormal ghost story. I liked that all the characters, their personalities as well as each and every scene were all portrayed in such detail that it made it so easy for me to visualize them in my head as if I was right there beside them.

When reading Cracked Altar: St. Andrews I kept thinking that here is a story that could have been plucked right out of one of those TV shows like America Horror Story or maybe even Supernatural.

I could picture some of the scenes with the main character John as being dark, dreary, and misty as spooky, eerie sounds surrounded him. I could just see him jumping at every little sound. I could just see him sitting up in that big truck with the dark surrounding him like a mist slowly wrapped around the truck. I can see the look of confusion and almost horror written all over his face.

I would have to say that Cracked Altar: St. Andrews is probably one of the best ghost stories I have read in a long time. I can’t wait to dive into the next installment of the Otherworld Archives Stories, Wendigo.

I definitely recommend Cracked Altar: St. Andrews to anyone who loves a good ghost story! One-click your copy of Cracked Altar: St. Andrews today!


Connect with David Viergutz:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: