Monday, January 3, 2022

Review: Descendants of the Damned: A Dark Lighters Novelette (The Descendants 0.6) by Destiny Hawkins @That_1_Author

Descendants of the Damned

A Dark Lighters Novelette

The Descendants 0.6

by Destiny Hawkins

Published: November 19, 2018

Genre: Dystopian, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Paranormal, Romance


Blurb:


I was a descendant of the damned, destined for unfortunate things.


It was just that simple, and for a long time, I accepted it.

But when my leader gave me a thirteen year old girl named Jackie and forced me into guardianship, things seemed to lose their simplicity.

I was a hunter and a killer. Not a babysitter, and I had lost too much in my life to risk getting attached to her.

And yet, the more time we spent together, the more I began wanting things that I couldn't have.

Things like a family. Things like a better life for the two of us.

I should've known the gods would never allow me happiness.


This story takes place before the Descendant Series begins. You can expect to learn more about Psycho and his experiences living in the Wild Lands, and to also get a glimpse into his past which helps form his future

Expect One more Novelette to release during the following months Titled: Memories of The Hurt.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!


Goodreads ~ Amazon 


My Review:

In Children of the Gods, we met two of the children of the Gods, Soren, and Jackie. Children of the Gods introduced us to Soren and Jackie and the world of The Descendants. Children of the Gods gave us Soren’s story.

Descendants of the Damned gives Psycho's and Jackie’s story. Descendants of the Damned explains how Psycho and Jackie met and who they were. Descendants of the Damned tells us a little bit about Psycho’s life before he became known as Psycho.

Descendants of the Damned reads like a full-length novel even though it is not. It has more than enough twists and turns to keep the pages rolling. That ending threw me for a loop and left me in tears. It was so very sad. I can’t wait to read more from the world of The Descendants. Yeah, I can’t wait to dive into The Descendants book one!  

 


 Connect with Destiny Hawkins:

Facebook ~ Instagram ~ Website 

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub ~ Twitter




0 comments: