Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Review: Sunwalker (Sunwalker Trilogy #1) by S. T. Sanchez @authorstsanchez

Sunwalker

Sunwalker Trilogy #1

by S. T. Sanchez

Published: May 27, 2017

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction


Blurb:


Fans of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals will Love Sunwalker.


Lilly is a sunwalker—a vampire born from human parents, able to walk in the daylight. She lives life as human, hiding her true identity from all those around her.

One evening, she comes to the rescue of her best friend, Lex, as a vampire is about to make a meal out of her. Lilly is drawn to him, despite her desire to loathe him for almost murdering Lex, as he is the first of her kind she has ever met.

As the vampire, Tread, begins to open Lilly's eyes to a world she has never known, Lilly must decide where she belongs. After she is betrayed by the person she loves most, Lilly is forced to submerge herself entirely in the vampire world, only to discover that Tread has a secret so shocking it could destroy them all.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

When I read the summary for Sunwalker I knew right away that I had to read it. I didn’t know quite what to expect after reading the summary for Sunwalker but I have to admit that what I found between the pages was way better than I ever dreamed it would be. I loved the twists on the vampires.

Lilly was born a vampire to two humans carrying a gene mutation that could result in the baby being born a vampire. Unlike vampires that were created Lilly can walk in the daylight. If Lilly’s secret is ever found out then it would be very dangerous for Lilly, her mother, and her uncle. Lilly hides her secret from the world by pretending that she is human.

One day or night Lilly’s best friend Lex is attacked by a vampire. Lilly rushes in and saves her friend from the vampire. Lilly is then introduced to a whole new world. A world filled with vampires.

Unlike Lilly, these vampires cannot walk in the daylight but her new friend Tread the vampire who attacked Lex is like Lilly, a sunwalker. Sunwalkers are very rare in both the vampire and the human world.

After meeting Tread and being introduced to the vampire world Lilly learns that Tread has a secret one that could blow their newfound friendship out of the water.

After reading the first few paragraphs of Sunwalker I was hooked. I was drawn into its world and once there I stayed until the last page came into view. I felt like I had made the journey with Lilly when she stepped into the vampire's liar as I walked around in Lilly’s world.

Sunwalker is the best book with vampires that I have read in a long, long time. I dearly love the world that S. T. Sanchez has created for us in Sunwalker. I can’t wait to dive into the next book in the Sunwalker Trilogy.

I loved reading Sunwalker so much that I highly recommend it to anyone who loves vampire stories. Grab your copy of Sunwalker today!  


Connect with S. T. Sanchez

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: