Saturday, October 29, 2022

Review: Cain and the Cauldron (The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #3) by Theophilus Monroe

Cain and the Cauldron

The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #3

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: May 4, 2022

Genre: Urban Fantasy, Werewolves, Vampires, Magic, Young Adult, Witches, Faeries, Paranormal


Blurb:


Someone stole the Cauldron of Rebirth from Eden.

With it comes the power to resurrect anyone from the past.

We thought we defeated these villains for good.


Can we possibly stop them all now that they're back and working together?

I have a patient who may be able to help. If I ask, her, I'll have to cross a line I swore I never would.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world if he forfeits his soul?


That principle makes sense. But I'm not trying to gain the world. I'm trying to save it.

The cost may still be my soul.


But I don't think I have any other choice.


The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged is a paranormal romp, diving into a world of voodoo, werewolves, vampires, and magic. Dr. Cain is a snarky werewolf, an Old Testament character brought to life in a modern day fantasy setting. Readers of Monroe's Legacy of a Vampire Witch or The Legend of Nyx have met Dr. Cain before. Now, we get a deeper look into the world of magic and mayhem that is the Vilokan Asylum.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

My Review:

I have said it before and I will say it again here. Every book that I have read by Theophilus Monroe just gets better and better with each turn of the page. As I’ve said before I can’t flip those pages fast enough as I can’t wait to see what lies ahead. I have loved each and every book tremendously. Each book is very unique in its own way.

I have fallen madly in love with The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged series. I fell in love with this series with the first book The Curse of Cain. The more I read the deeper I fall for each one.

I love the relationship between each character. The world itself is one of the best I have ever read. I love how Theophilus Monroe makes all the characters seem so real with their everyday lives and the things they do and say. I love that characters from other books and stories make an appearance.

Cain and the Cauldron and me rolling with laughter on more than one occasion. It is filled with love, happiness, action, magic, and a journey that will have you on the edge of your seat wondering how it was going to turn out. Where this journey was heading. Wondering if they were going to be able to accomplish what they started out to do in end.

When the witches steal a cauldron Cain and the crew set out to find the witches and take back the cauldron. The witches are up to no good. Their intentions are not good, to say the least. The intentions could upset the whole world. Can Cain find the witches and stop them before it is too late for everyone?

I love this series so much that I highly recommend Cain and the Cauldron to each and every one! Grab your copy of Cain and the Cauldron today!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged Series.


The Curse of Cain #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


The Mark of Cain #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Cain and the Cauldron #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: