Sunday, October 30, 2022

Review: Cain's Cobras (The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #4) by Theophilus Monroe

Cain's Cobras

The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #4

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: June 25, 2022

Genre: Werewolf, Urban Fantasy, Werewolves, Vampires, Magic, Young Adult


Blurb:


My parents blamed a snake for all of their problems.

Until I killed my brother.


Then, they blamed me, too.



I never expected that when I admitted patients who wielded the aspect of Aida-Wedo and Damballa that so many snakes would follow.

I'm beginning to wonder if my parents were right. Is there more to these creatures than meets the eye?


I'm getting stronger. Abel is, too. We're gaining new abilities.



Why don't the snakes have this effect on anyone else?

They say that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.


I never thought I'd have to face my parents' same temptation.


And the rest of the world may have to pay the price. Again.


The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged is a paranormal romp, diving into a world of voodoo, werewolves, vampires, and magic. Dr. Cain is a snarky werewolf, an Old Testament character brought to life in a modern day fantasy setting. Readers of Monroe's Legacy of a Vampire Witch or The Legend of Nyx have met Dr. Cain before. Now, we get a deeper look into the world of magic and mayhem that is the Vilokan Asylum.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Cain's Cobras is the fourth book in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged series by Theophilus Monroe and I am amazed at how it is still holding my attention so well. As I have said before and will probably say again this has been one of the best series I have ever read. Each book is unique in its own way.

The more I read the more I want to read. Once I pick up one of the books I can’t lay it down until I have read the last page. I am so glad that I was lucky enough to have found this series with so many of the books already written as I have had the privilege and enjoyment of reading them back to back.

I love the twist on werewolves. I love that Cain and Abel are the Cain and Abel from the Bible. I love the twist on their lives. I like getting more of Cain and Abel’s stories and their lives after that one awful event between them. I love the relationship between Cain and Abel. I love how much they care about each other.

Cain’s life is still in danger and he is still being hunted. The one hunting him wants him dead and is doing their best to see that it happens. The asylum is being overrun with snakes, deadly snakes. They are having to evacuate the asylum. The snakes are coming after Cain. Cain is having to face the same thing that his parents once faced. Can Cain stop the snakes before it is too late? Will he be able to save everyone?

I can’t wait to read more about Cain and Abel in the next book Crazy Cain the fifth book in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged series. I can’t wait to see what is waiting for Cain and Abel. What an amazing and wonderful world. A world filled with vampires, werewolves, witches, magic, and so much more.

As always I highly recommend Cain’s Cobras to all fans of vampires, werewolves, witches, and all paranormal creatures. Grab your copy of Cain’s Cobras today!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged Series.


The Curse of Cain #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


The Mark of Cain #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Cain and the Cauldron #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Cain's Cobras #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: