Sunday, October 16, 2022

Review: Dead Blood: Book One by Jay Bower @JayBowerAuthor

Dead Blood: Book One

by Jay Bower

Published: February 7, 2022

Genre: Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction, Horror, Zombies, Vampires


Blurb:


Eternal life comes with its own set of problems. Walking corpses wasn’t one of them.

Dorian awakens and discovers the world turned a little bit more…uncivilized.

The undead roam the Earth, infecting humans and turning their bodies into useless sacks of decaying flesh.

For a vampire, hunting for sustenance wasn’t so literal of a term…until now.

Now, Dorian’s quest for survival is a three-way struggle between himself, the undead, and a band of zealous humans eager to cut him down.

Years of hunting has made Dorian into the ultimate predator; a realization humans are about to experience again.

Run from the corpses.

Run from him.

It won’t make a difference.

Everyone’s dead anyway.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

When I read the title Dead Blood I thought now that is an interesting concept. Then I thought what does dead blood entail. What do those two little words mean together? I couldn’t wait to find out. But then I read the summary and I was hooked for sure.

I had to know just how a vampire would thrive in a world full of zombies. Oh man, zombies and vampires living in the same world! Questions and more questions, one after another never-ending.

My main big question would be how a vampire survives in a world full of zombies with very few humans left. Another question would be can a vampire feed from zombies? The short answer is no they can not. Just as the title says their blood is dead and no good to a vampire who needs live, fresh blood to give them the substance they need to live.

I sorely loved this new twist on vampires. I love the world that was created for zombies and vampires. I love stories about zombies more than any other. I also love reading stories with vampires in them. I also love end-of-the-world-type stories too so just imagine how ecstatic I was to find a story with vampires and zombies and it was an end-of-the-world story as well. I was over the moon. I can’t wait to see where the other two books in the series go. I can’t give this little gem enough phrases as it surely deserves way more than five stars in my book.

There is so much going on in Dead Blood will all the action page after page. I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough as I just had to know what was waiting around every corner. I loved following Dorian around as he looked for his next meal, wondering where it was coming from and how he was going to obtain it. I loved it when he had to fight off the zombies. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into Dead Blood: Book Two.

I definitely recommended Dead Blood: Book One to all vampire, zombie, and end-of-the-world fans! Grab your copy of Dead Blood: Book One today!


 Connect with Jay Bower

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram  

0 comments: