Monday, October 31, 2022

Review: Crazy Cain (The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #5) by Theophilus Monroe

Crazy Cain

The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged #5

by Theophilus Monroe

Published: August 31, 2022

Genre: Werewolf, Urban Fantasy, Werewolves, Vampires, Magic, Young Adult


Blurb:


I thought I could change the past, I could fix my mistake...

I woke up as a patient in my own asylum.


I thought it was a dream! Am I dreaming still?


I've lost everything I love. Will I ever be able to get my world back?

Or is this my new reality?


I can't accept that. I won't accept that.


The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged is a paranormal romp, diving into a world of voodoo, werewolves, vampires, and magic. Dr. Cain is a snarky werewolf, an Old Testament character brought to life in a modern day fantasy setting. Readers of Monroe's Legacy of a Vampire Witch or The Legend of Nyx have met Dr. Cain before. Now, we get a deeper look into the world of magic and mayhem that is the Vilokan Asylum.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Crazy Cain is the fifth book in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged series and just like all the ones before it, it started off with a blast and never let up from page to page. With each turn of the page, I was pulled deeper and deeper into Cain’s world.

I fell in love with this series with the first book The Curse of Cain and each book gets better and better the more I read. I have so enjoyed being able to read each book back to back. I have loved not having to wait between each one. If I had to choose a favorite out of all of them I don’t think I could as each book is unique in its own way.

This time around Cain is having one big dream or is he? Cain is having nightmares and waking up in some pretty strange situations. Then one day he awakens to find himself a patient in the same asylum where he works. The big question here is: is he dreaming or is it all real?

I have really enjoyed reading Crazy Cain as I have thought numerous times about going back in time to change things. If I could would I? What would I change if I did? What would it do to the timeline? Lots of questions come up when you think about going back and changing things a little bit.

I have also given a lot of thought to all the things I have experienced in the past and about how all those experiences make me the person I am today. I had to experience all those things and meet the people I did in order for me to be the person I am now. If I had done anything different I would not be the person I am now. If I had done things differently then my husband and I may not have met or if we had met we might not have gotten married. Now that is a lot to think about.

Theophilus Monroe is one special writer. What I mean is that every time I read a story that he has written I am left in awe of his writing by how he can remember so many characters from different books. I admire the way he can keep them all straight. How do you do it? Theophilus Monroe is one brilliant and amazing author. His writing is superb.

I highly recommend Crazy Cain to all paranormal fans! Grab your copy of Crazy Cain today and take a step back in time!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Vilokan Asylum of the Magically and Mentally Deranged Series.


The Curse of Cain #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


The Mark of Cain #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Cain and the Cauldron #3

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Cain's Cobras #4

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Crazy Cain #5

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Theophilus Monroe

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: