Friday, June 9, 2023

Review: My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter (The Grandmother Protectorate #1) by Jina S. Bazzar @Jina_Bazzar

My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter

The Grandmother Protectorate #1

by Jina S. Bazzar

Published: June 9, 2023

Publisher: Jina S. Bazzar

Genre: Children’s, Sword & Sorcery, Fantasy


Blurb:


Welcome to Cruxil, the planet adjacent to Earth, where horses can fly, dinosaurs exist, and magic is real.

When my sister and I went to Grandma’s for the weekend, I expected to spend my time playing games, eating sweets, and trying not to die from boredom. Little did I know that I’d spend the evening being chased by a dinosaur, attacked by a hydra, much less that I’d cap the night facing off with a giant frog.

I thought Grandma Mimi was a sweet, eccentric old lady with a walking stick and a penchant for gossip. And boy, was I wrong.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter is the first book in The Grandmother Protectorate series by author Jina S. Bazzar. My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter is a great little read for children and their parents as well. I do believe that My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter would be enjoyed by all.

A little boy and his sister decide they want to visit their grandmother for the weekend. Their grandmother is a sweet little lady that is loved by all no matter where she is. They can’t wait to get to their grandmother’s house as they can’t wait to eat candy and play games.

Little did they know that their sweet dear grandmother was not all that she appeared to be. After their grandmother tucks them in bed and she believes them to be asleep the children hear their grandmother sneaking out of the house. They jump out of bed and follow her. Just as they see her nearing the edge of the forest she disappears.

The children follow her through a portal to another planet. The very moment they pass through the portal to the other planet the first thing hear is a very scary animal. An animal that is very huge and scary. Just as the children are waiting to be attacked by the big scary animal in charge their grandmother saves them.

The children learn things about their grandmother that night that they did not know, secret things. They learn that their grandmother is a dinosaur hunter on the planet Cruxil. Their night is filled with adventure as they soon find themselves fighting these big scary animals.

My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter was a fun little read that I enjoyed tremendously, and can’t wait to see what lies ahead in the next book in The Grandmother Protectorate series. The world-building for My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter was very well written. I had no problem seeing everything I was reading in my head as if I was watching a movie.

I would recommend My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter to anyone looking for an adventure! Grab your copy of My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter for the next time the grandkids come for a visit. They are sure to enjoy it.  


Connect with Jina S. Bazzar:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: