Friday, June 9, 2023

Review: My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator (The Grandmother Protectorate #2) by Jina S. Bazzar @Jina_Bazzar

My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator

The Grandmother Protectorate #2

by Jina S. Bazzar

Published: June 9, 2023

Publisher: Jina S. Bazzar

Genre: Children’s, Short Story, Fantasy, Middle-Grade, Adventure, Zombies


Blurb:


Step into this fun fantasy adventure where two siblings follow their grandma into a world of zombies, three-foot-tall spiders, and a motorcycle chase.

I thought being Grandma’s apprentice meant using magic spears and riding flying horses. I thought people would cheer when we passed by, send us gifts, and graffiti our names on brick walls.

I didn’t think I’d spend our weekends in Grandma’s moth-stinking basement, doing my best to avoid getting beaten by an old lady with a staff twice her size and a ninja attitude.

And When Grandma finally did get an SOS call?

My sister and I refused to stay back and let Grandma have all the fun. We thought we were going to kick zombie tush, but with Grandma Mimi in the mix, we got much more than we bargained for.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator is the second book in The Grandmother Protectorate series. And like the first book My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter in The Grandmother Protectorate series I was drawn into its world right from the beginning. Once I read that first word I was hooked I couldn’t have stopped reading if I had wanted to.

I was actually hooked from the moment I saw that there were going to be zombies. Zombies are my favorite genre of all time. But I do love me some dinosaurs as well. I loved the new twist on the zombies. I loved all the zombie-fighting scenes. I loved watching as dear little old grandmother fought them, zombies. The children didn’t do half bad themselves either.

In My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator, Nora, and her brother follow their grandmother after she gets the SOS call to fight zombies. Grandmother tells them to stay home because they are not ready to fight zombies yet. They have not had enough training. Grandmother Mimi has been training them in her basement.

But of course, the children don’t listen as they follow her anyway. I guess it is a good thing they do. When they get there the zombies they see their grandmother fighting zombies and being overtaken by them. But then a man races in and takes Grandmother Mimi away. The children are horrified as they fight their way through the zombies. They must go after their grandmother and save her.

Oh, how horrified the children must be to see their grandmother whisked away by a total stranger. Getting overtaken by zombies is more than enough but now a stranger too. What are they to do? Can they save their grandmother from this stranger and the zombies?

I enjoyed reading My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator just as much or more so than the first book My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter. I can’t wait to see what the children and Grandmother Mimi get up to in the next book My Grandmother, The Alien Ambassador. Aliens is another one of my favorite things to watch or read about.

Do you have a favorite TV show or movie that you are always comparing other shows or movies to? Yeah, me too. The ones that I am always comparing everything else to when I am looking for something along the same lines are The Walking Dead, Jurassic Park, and Aliens. These are my favorite ever. I don’t know how many times I have watched them. I can’t get enough of them. They never get old or boring. I can watch them over and over.

I highly recommend My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator to all zombie fans! Grab your copy of My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator for another great adventure with Grandmother Mimi and her grandchildren!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Grandmother Protectorate Series


My Grandmother, The Dinosaur Hunter #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


My Grandmother, The Zombie Exterminator #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Jina S. Bazzar:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: