Thursday, December 7, 2023

Review: Shadow Locked by S. T. Sanchez @authorstsanchez

Shadow Locked

by S. T. Sanchez

Published: December 1, 2023

Publisher: ‎ The Pampered Cat Press

Genre: Young Adult, Dark Fantasy, Supernatural, Mystery, Thriller


Blurb:


For as long as she can remember, Seanna has been taught to fear the shadows. In a world where homes burn bright every night to keep the monsters at bay, Seanna’s father has taught her the rules to be safe.

Now her father is dead and it’s up to Seanna to keep her brother safe, maintain the family store, and convince those around her to stay vigilant despite the lack of disappearances in recent years.

As Seanna struggles with her newfound responsibilities, she can’t shake the feeling that someone or 
something is watching her.

As darkness surrounds her, will Seanna be able to hold to the light or will the shadows overtake her?


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

WOW! I don’t know where to begin writing my review for Shadow Locked by S. T. Sanchez. I guess I will start by saying that Shadow Locked is one of the best books that I have ever read. It is so unique in so many ways. I don’t believe I have read anything like it before even though I have read about people living in the shadows. No, I do believe that Shadow Locked has its own unique essence about it.

I love the whole demise of the story. Shadow Locked grabbed my attention with the first page and hung on right up until the end. As a matter of fact, I do believe that it is still with me as I sit writing this review. I do believe that it will stay with me for a long, long time to come.

S. T. Sanchez has outdone herself once again by writing another amazing and riveting story. I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough as I was enjoying reading it so much. The many twists kept me hanging on wanting more.

I loved the new and unique twists on the shadow people. I liked getting to know every character as they each added something very special to the story. I tried so hard to imagine it all as I was reading but I don’t believe that my imagination did it justice. I would love to see Shadow Locked as a movie or TV show.

Seanna had been taught all her life by her father how to live in the shadows so that shadow people would not come and take them away. When her father passed on Seanna was left to take care of her little brother James. Now it is up to Seanna to teach James about the shadows and the shadow people.

Seanna is also responsible for James’s welfare as well. Seanna works in the store that their father left them to provide for her and James. James helps her out but James has other things on his mind like becoming a deputy sheriff. James’s interest in becoming a deputy sheriff leaves more and more of the chores for Seanna to do.

Having to do more of James’s chores is what led Seanna to meet one of the shadow people, Nate. Nate and Seanna take a while to warm up to each other but they eventually become friends and then their relationship turns more romantic.

Will Seanna be able to resist the shadows? Or will the shadows overtake her? Can Seanna keep the shadows away from James? The more I read the more questions kept popping up. The only way to have all my questions answered was to keep reading. Which I did, of course.

And now I highly suggest you do the same. Well, that is if you are into supernatural stories with a little bit of mystery thrown in. Grab a copy of Shadow Locked today! 


Connect with S. T. Sanchez

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: