Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Review: World of Rot (Cursed World #2) by Kate L. Mary @kmary0622

World of Rot

Cursed World #2

Published: December 20, 2023

Publisher: Twisted Press, LLC

Genre: Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic


Blurb:


A changed world.
A family in crisis.
A future so uncertain no one is guaranteed to survive…


With the population decimated and hellish creatures loose upon the world, Andra and her family retreat to Quinn’s farm where they hope to build a new life. But the monsters are still a mystery and their habits unpredictable, making it impossible to know what’s going to happen next. The more they learn, the more questions they have, and the more Andra worries for her daughter’s safety.

As if living in an apocalyptic world isn’t stressful enough, Andra finds herself increasingly drawn to Quinn as the days pass, which is a distraction she definitely doesn’t need when disaster once again strikes. Braving harsh conditions and monstrous creatures, the group must work together to save one of their own. But with the odds so stacked against them, Andra can’t help wondering if the battle they’re facing can even be won…

Perfect for fans of Stephen King’s The Stand, The Walking Dead, and The Last of Us, join Andra's fight for survival now and get lost in a post-apocalyptic world full of horror and hope!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

I am loving this new series Cursed World by Kate L. Mary very much. I fell in love with it with the summary for the first book World of Blood. World of Rot is the second book and things just seemed to get better with it. The world-building is still just as awesome if not possibly better.

I can’t get enough of the Cursed World series. I love the world that was created for World of Rot. World of Rot reminds me so much of my favorite TV show of all time one that I watch over and over again and that is any of the TV shows from the world of The Walking Dead.

Yeah, I know that the monsters in World of Rot are not zombies but that doesn’t matter to me as they are still something you want to stay away from maybe more so.

World of Rot kept me on the edge of my seat keeping me in suspense as to what was going to happen next. The build-up was very intense from one scene to the next. It felt like the tension that you get from one of Stephen King's stories. It builds you up and up and up keeping you hanging on and drawn up tighter than... and just as you are about to slide back in your seat bam it hits you in the face.

Andra and her family have made it to Quinn’s farm where they hope to make a new home for themselves there. Quinn has been prepping a long time for something like this to happen. He has fortified his home so the monsters can’t get in hopefully that is.

A virus has swept over the world at an alarming rate changing people into something monstrous. If you don’t want to become one yourself then you must stay as far away from them as you can get. The monsters are big, scary, and unpredictable.

I truly and honestly love this world that Kate has created for Cursed World and can’t wait for the next book or at least I sure hope to get more from this world. I don’t want it to end ever.

I highly recommend World of Rot to all dystopian and post-apocalyptic fans! I highly suggest that you grab a copy of World of Rot today!


Be sure and check out all the books in the Cursed World series!


World of Blood #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


World of Rot #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub




Connect with Kate L. Mary:

0 comments: