Friday, September 25, 2020

Review: Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths: An Urban Fantasy Romance (Blood and Magic : Hellbound Book 1) by Danielle Annett @Danielle_Annett


Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths: An Urban Fantasy Romance
Blood and Magic : Hellbound Book 1
Published September 25, 2020
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal, Vampires, Shifters, Witches


Blurb:

Welcome to Hellbound High, where the students carry weapons and the bullies bite … hard.

I never wanted to go to this stupid school. I had a life before coming here. A Pack. People who cared about me. But all of that is torn away when my mother dies, my boyfriend cheats on me, and my very human father rips me away from the only life I’ve ever known.

I thought my life couldn’t get much worse, but Hellbound High is about to prove me wrong. Just by showing up, I've caught the attention of the local Alpha’s son. Goody.

He’s arrogant, stubborn, and used to getting what he wants. Sometimes that’s to get into my pants. Sometimes it’s to make my life hell. He runs hot one minute and cold the next, leaving my head spinning.

But I have bigger problems than the school’s resident hot werewolf. I’m a lone wolf in a new town, which means I have a big red target on my back.

With no Pack, no friends, and no protection, I’m about to find out just how bad things can really get ...

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths is book 1 in Danielle Annett's new dark, sexy, urban fantasy romance series, Blood and Magic: Hellbound




My Review:

Isabella or Isa as she likes to be called had a great life well except for a cheating boyfriend or I should say ex-boyfriend in another town with a pack until her mother died and she was pulled from her life to live with her dad who is human.

Now she is having to go to school at a new school, Hellbound High, that she never wanted to attend in the first place. She now has a dad that she doesn't know and is never around.

Upon her arrival at Hellbound High Isabella runs into the local packs Alpha’s son Rafael. As punishment Rafael is assigned Isabella’s tour guide for the day. Rafael being a bad boy vows to make her life miserable. I will have to say that Rafael did not make a good first impression on me at all. Rafael thinks that want ever he wants he gets. Girls just swoon at his feet all of them wanting to be the Alpha’s son’s girl.

But then Isabella meets another guy Zheng. Isabella is attracted to Zheng right off as she says he is cute real cute. But Rafael doesn’t like Zheng stepping on his territory. Rafael confronts Zheng in the hall at school but Isabella knows that it would not be good for Zheng to get into a fight with the big dog so she steps in between them to put a stop to their madness.

Hellbound High is a school for all paranormal creatures to attend. Hellbound High is a place for all paranormals to interact together and hopefully get to know each other and become friends. Witches, werewolves, vampires, humans ect...attend Hellbound High.

Isabella thought her life was torn asunder when she was yanked from her old life and planted here at Hellbound High, yeah well her life is about to be turned upside down as someone doesn’t want her around. With no pack to protect her any more things are about to go bad for Isabella.

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths is a wonderful introduction to a brand new world. Once I picked up Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths I was hooked the race was on then as I raced to the end to see how it all turned out.

The world building is epic. The characters are all so believably real as they come to life right on the page. Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths was so vividly written that it just jumped off the page right into my head and I saw it all as if I was watching a movie. I am anxiously awaiting the next book in the series Savage Wolves & Devious Deals.

I highly suggest that you one click your copy of Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths today to begin this epic adventure with Isabella, Rafael, and the whole crew!


Connect with Danielle:


0 comments: