Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Review: Bly by Kelsey Ketch @kelseyketch

Bly

by Kelsey Ketch

Published: September 22, 2021

Genre: Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Ghost


Blurb:


I left the United States to find inner peace. Instead, I find myself confronting a malicious ghost.


Astyr Salt is a spiritual and emotional empath who moved to England with the intent to forget about a traumatic, supernatural event that occurred during her freshman year of college. However, when she takes a spiritual cleansing assignment in a haunted country home in Essex, she is isolated with all her own pent-up emotions.

These emotions energize the ghosts inhabiting the country home, helping them draw their own tragedies to the surface. Searching for the truth, Astyr is forced to relive the past. And the deeper she dives into the country home’s horrific history, the more the intertwined memories place her in the path of an evil and demented predator.

A blend of contemporary fantasy, horror, and mystery, Bly is inspired by Henry James’s classic novella, The Turn of the Screw.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub



My Review:

Astyr Salt moves to England hoping to leave the past behind. In her freshman year in college Astyr encountered a supernatural event that she would like to forget as it was very traumatic for her. Astyr is an empath who cleans ghosts from old buildings.

Astyr takes a job at an old country estate in Essex. The man who hired her wants her to cleanse the house from all the ghosts there as he wants to put it up for sale. Entering the old country estate brings back some awful and painful memories for Astyr.

The whole time I was reading Bly I kept asking myself if she was going to get out alive. Each time she had to walk to the nearest town to contact her partner I was on the edge of my seat wondering if she would be able to walk out the door. Each and every time I thought this is it she will walk out the door and then the inside of the house will appear before her.

I couldn’t compare Bly with The Turn of the Screw as I have not read it. Bly reminded me of America Horror Story’s Murder House and Netflix’s The Haunting of Bly Manor. There were so many times I didn’t know if what was happening was real or not. Oh, the suspense was horrific not being able to know what was going on.

Bly was one of the best ghost stories I have read in a long time. I enjoyed it tremendously. The characters were all amazingly beautiful creatures and the world-building was brilliantly well done. Bly is a rare gem for all ghost story fans.

I highly recommend Bly to all horror, mystery, and ghost fans. One-click your copy of Bly today!



Connect with Kelsey Ketch:

0 comments: