Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Review: Alice the Torch by Ashley McLeo @amcleowrites

Alice the Torch

A Fae Alice in Wonderland Retelling

The Wonderland Court #2

by Ashley McLeo

Published: September 28, 2022

Publisher: Meraki Press

Genre: Young Adult, Fairy Tales, Romantic, Fantasy, Fairies, Fae


Blurb:


An assassin princess.

A shifty wizard.

A kingdom begging for freedom.


Life in the Wonderland Court is complicated . . .

Seeing as I plan on rescuing my sister from the Dark Court of Faerie, I don’t expect the complications to stop any time soon.

Especially after, Jax, a blast from my past shows up with his killer smile. He’s persistent, and ruining one of the best things in my life—Henri Hatter.

I’m falling for Hatter, and yet, I can’t deny that I need Jax. Not if I’m going to save my sister from the Dark Court.

As much as I hate to admit it, I need help, or I risk losing the only family I have left.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

Alice the Torch is finally here. I have been waiting anxiously on book two in The Wonderland Court series and once it was here I couldn’t wait to dive in. I fell in love with The Wonderland Courts series the moment I opened the first book, Alice the Dagger. I fell in love with all the characters and the unique twists on all the characters. I love the world of The Wonderland Court.

Alice the Torch was just as good if not better than the first book Alice the Dagger. I love the pixies. I felt as if I was a part of Alice’s world. Once I gazed upon that first page I was drawn in by all the magic and the wonderful characters that made this story what it is.

Alice is determined to rescue her sister from the Dark Court and she needs help from someone from her past, Jax. Alice was not all that happy to see Jax when he first made an appearance but if she was going to save her sister then she needed his help.

Let's not forget about Hatter and Alice’s relationship as the sparks are still flying between these two and getting hotter by the minute.

There was this one scene with the two guys and their shirts that I would love to have seen for real but luckily I do have a pretty good imagination. I would love to have been a fly on the wall peaking in on this scene. That would have been pretty cool or should I say hot.

I would love to read more about Alice and The Wonderland Court series.

If you like fairy tale retelling stories then I would like to recommend Alice the Torch. But I would suggest reading the first book Alice the Dagger before reading Alice the Torch as I am sure you wouldn’t want to miss a thing, right? Grab your copy of both books today for a magical adventure!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Wonderland Court Series


Alice the Dagger #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Alice the Torch #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub




Connect with Ashley McLeo:

0 comments: