Monday, September 19, 2022

Review: Slaughter Lake by David Viergutz & Jay Bower @ViergutzDavid @JayBowerAuthor


 Slaughter Lake

by David Viergutz & Jay Bower

Published: September 19, 2022

Publisher: Terror Ink Publishing

Genre: Psychological Fiction, Horror


Blurb:


For a group of friends, Slaughter Lake is about to earn its name…


It’s been years since Rebecca and her closest college friends vacationed at Slaughter Lake. What once was an annual trip became a distant memory filled with campfires and the peaceful serene landscape of their exclusive vacation spot.

Then when an unlikely invitation calls them to return to where their fondest memories were created, it seemed impossible to ignore.

Like the water’s calm surface, everything appears to be normal. But underneath, something more sinister awaits – a past left buried – dark secrets that refuse to drown and die.

At Slaughter Lake, the truth is more likely to kill them than to set them free.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

A group of friends use to visit Slaughter Lake once a year. But over time they slowly drifted apart and their time together at Slaughter Lake became a distant memory.

Then one day they ran into each other and the memories came flooding back. Memories that were not as happy as they all made them out to be once upon a time. They decided together at Slaughter Lake once again for old times' sake. My opinion was that everyone was just trying to impress the other for their own purposes. Whatever they may have been.

When I read the summary for Slaughter Lake I couldn’t wait to dive in as the summary made it sound so sinister and ominous. I couldn't wait to see what waited for this group of friends once they reached Slaughter Lake.

What I found between the pages of Slaughter Lake was somewhat different than I expected. But let me tell you I was hooked anyway. I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough to see where it all was going to lead. I couldn't wait to find out more about these characters and their past. Or at least that was what I was looking forward to.

What lay between the pages of Slaughter Lake did not disappoint me in the least as the mystery and suspense flew off the pages. I felt like I was there right in the midst of everything that was going on between the characters. The descriptions were so vividly written that I had no problem whatsoever seeing it all in my head as if I was a part of the story itself.

I sorely enjoyed reading Slaughter Lake and would recommend it to anyone looking for something a little ominous and chilling. Grab your copy of Slaughter Lake today!  


  Connect with David Viergutz:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter 

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 Connect with Jay Bower

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram  

0 comments: