Sunday, April 30, 2023

Review: Dead Vessel (The Life After Series #2) by Amanda Fasciano @Cymberleigh

Dead Vessel

The Life After Series #2

by Amanda Fasciano

Published: April 30, 2023

Publisher: ‎4 Horsemen Publications

Genre: Ghosts, Mysteries, Horror, Occult


Blurb:


What are you supposed to do when the spirit of someone alive suddenly appears?


Having died in the line of duty, Detective Cadence Riley has been recruited to help police haunted locations so that the spirits don't give too much away to the living. She and her partner have also helped protect the living from non-human evil spirits. All is going according to procedure until someone alive appears before her.

Cadence has been reunited with her brother--who died ten years before when the majority of coeds in his dorm were slaughtered. Restoration of the old Victorian style dorm has begun as the college is intent on opening the building up once more. The construction does more than disturb the spirits of the dead, however.

The spirit of an old classmate, one not killed in the massacre, appears out of the blue. As Cadence and Snow begin to put the pieces of the puzzle regarding his sudden appearance in place, it becomes clear that more is at stake. This case, for both the living and the dead, is as dangerous as a raging fire. Someone is bound to get burned.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Dead Vessel is the second book in The Life After Series by Amanda Fasciano. Dead Vessel is about ghosts and solving crimes in the afterlife. I love these new twists on detective stories and ghost stories.

Dead Vessel is about Detective Cadence Riley who wakes up in the afterlife. Cadence is still doing the same things she did when she was alive. In the afterlife, she is helping ghosts to figure out that they are ghosts and tries to help them move on to a better life in the afterlife.

This time around while I was reading Dead Vessel it kept reminding me of the TV shows Ghost Hunters and The Haunted Hathaways in some ways. Dead Vessel remained me of Ghost Hunters because it has a reality show feel to it. It reminded me of The Haunted Hathaways because they talk to ghosts. Yeah, I know they are ghosts themselves but anyways that is the why of it.

I love, love, love the idea of ghost detectives. I love the afterlife, life so to speak. I love the world that was created for The Life After Series. In my opinion, it is one of the most brilliant ideas ever. I could read a story from The Life After Series all day long.

Once I get my hands on one of these little gems I can’t wait to turn to that first page to start a new adventure with Cadence while she does some ghost sleuthing. I cannot wait for the next book in The Life After Series to make its appearance.

I highly recommend Dead Vessel to all fans of ghost hunters, the paranormal, and detective stories! Grab your copy of Dead Vessel today!


Be sure and check out all of the books in The Life After Series.


Waking Up Dead #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Dead Vessel #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Connect with Amanda Fasciano

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: