Sunday, February 7, 2021

Review: Species Savior (Species Traitor #2) by Kate L. Mary @kmary0622

Species Savior

Species Traitor #2

by Kate L. Mary

Published: April 24, 2020

Publisher: Twisted Press, LLC

Genre: Science Fiction, Dystopian

Blurb:

My name is Ava Mendoza, and I’m not a species traitor. I’m a species savior.

I never thought the Veilorians were the enemy, but I also never could have imagined I’d find myself in love with one. Meeting Finn changed my life, and I happily gave up everything not just for him, but for what I believed in as well.

But now the future is uncertain, and the stakes higher than ever. Veronica Waters is determined to make everyone in the District pay for our crimes against humans. To her we’re species traitors, but I don’t see it that way. I believe Veilorians were sent here to save us and I refuse to back down. No matter what.

I just hope I don't lose everything in the process.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Species Savior starts off with Ava being arrested and put in jail for loving a Veilorian. Ava fell in love with Finn and is now pregnant with his baby and being punished for it. Humans don’t think that humans and aliens should mix. Ava does not believe this way she thinks all life is precious. Ava believes that it doesn’t matter what is on the outside that the only thing that truly matters is what is on the inside.

People that believe like Ava are being gathered up and exiled to the wastelands. Half-human/half-aliens are also being sent away. Human women that are pregnant with a Veilorian’s baby are being sent away as well.

It is tough going in the wasteland with little to no water. Veilorians are better apt to deal with the heat of the wastelands than humans are. Ava, Finn, and the others slowly make their decent across the barren wastelands to find a home and a safe place to have their baby. They meet other people who have been living out in the wastelands for a long time. They didn’t know that others have been living in the wastelands.

Unlike the rest of the human race, Ava believes that the Veilorians were sent to their planet to help save them. People with hearts like Ava’s are the people who are going to keep the world going.

I have enjoyed reading Species Savior and hate to know that this the end. I would like to know more about this world and the Veilorians. I am a big fan of aliens and dystopian books and would love to see more in this world. I can’t wait to see what Kate L. Mary has in store for us with her next book.

If you like alien/dystopian/romantic books then you are going to fall in love with Species Savior! Be sure and check out Species Traitor the first book in the series!  

 

Connect with Kate L. Mary:



0 comments: