Monday, June 14, 2021

Review: The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair by Michael F. Stewart @MichaelFStewart

The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair

by Michael F. Stewart

Published: June 14, 2021

Publisher: The Publishing House

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary


Blurb:

Seventeen years old. Rich. Hot. Captain of the Drone War team. Head prefect of a surreally elite boarding school. Tremmy is dying.

His illness strips everything from him­—­including the support of his teachers and friends who once nurtured his bright future. Worst of all, his best friend’s meteoric rise has come at the expense of Tremmy’s spectacular fall. Far from going out with the bang he’d hoped for, Tremmy faces betrayal.

But his illness has the power to expose the best as well as the worst of his school, his friends, and himself. Tremmy sets out to prove that the community he loves has to overcome its fear of death in order to truly begin to live. And Tremmy receive the momentous end he so fervently desires.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair is the story of a seventeen-year-old boy who is dying from a brain tumor and has been given four to six months to live. The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair is a story about the last few weeks of his life. Tremmy fights to live his last days the way he wants by going to school and being with his friends. Tremmy wants to live his life to the fullest that he is capable of in the short amount of time he has left.

Tremmy is also fighting for his right to die the way he wants to die. Tremmy knows that he only has a short number of days left and he wants to spend it without any more treatments that are not going to save his life but only prolong it. He wants to die as pain-free as possible and without throwing up after treatments.

But of course, that is not what his parents want. No, they want to keep him with them as for as long as possible. I know I will never know what his parents are feeling I can only imagine. Tremmy’s story is one of heartache for both Tremmy, his friends, and his parents.

The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair is a very heart-wrenching and heartbreaking story that had me in tears on more than one occasion. The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair is a hard book to read but once I started it I knew I had to finish it for Tremmy. I had to know his story as he wanted it to be known.

I wanted to read The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair for more than one reason with one of the reasons being the author as I have read more than one of his books in the past and plan to read more in the future.

One of the reasons I wanted to read The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair is because I have had this conversation with someone very close and dear to my heart, my better half. I wanted to read The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair because I was hoping to get a little insight on how Tremmy felt so I could better understand. I think maybe I have.

If others are like me they have a hard time thinking about that day and don’t want to even think about it much less discuss it. You want to keep your loved one with you for as long as possible. If that is the case then I do believe that they may benefit from reading The Momentous Expiration of Tremmy Sinclair. 


Connect with Michael F. Stewart

0 comments: