Friday, December 31, 2021

Review: Surrogate Colony by Boshra Rasti @msrawsti

Surrogate Colony

by Boshra Rasti

Published: December 18, 2021

Publisher: Atmosphere Press

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction


Blurb:


In MicroScrep, a post-pandemic world, one politician, Arthur Mills, brings all scientists and engineers together to create a vaccine and rebuild a world where harmony ensues. What results is a society where algorithms control who you marry, who your child is, and what position you have.

Adriana Buckowski is not normal. Her eyes are two different colors, making her less susceptible to the system’s propaganda, she has a unique connection with a boy named Zach, and she has questions. Weird occurrences happen as she gets closer to her Calling Ceremony, where she’ll be given a position. When she finally starts piecing together the twisted motives at play in MicroScrep, she becomes a cog in the wheel of the state.

Her only option for survival lies with Zach, and the hope that she will be vindicated through a vigilante group off-grid. But with time ticking against her, will she survive long enough to be redeemed?


Goodreads ~ Amazon


Book Trailer:


My Review:

When I read the summary for Surrogate Colony I wasn’t sure what to expect but I did know one thing for sure and that was that I had to read it. Oh, and let me tell you once I picked it up I was pulled into its depths and I don’t think I came up for air until the last page was turned.

I sorely enjoyed the story and the world that was created for Surrogate Colony. The descriptions were so vividly written that I could picture it all playing out in my mind as if I was a part of the whole thing. I could see the characters and how they were dressed. I could see Adriana’s bedroom so vividly whenever Zack came for a visit. I could see the labs in all their brightness and glory so to speak so sparkling clean just like their homes.

I loved the plot/storyline of Surrogate Colony it reminded of The Handmaids Tale and a little bit of Divergent. It reminds me of The Handmaids Tale because like the title states it is a surrogate colony, a place for women to have/carry babies for others. It reminded me of Divergent because they were divided. I mean like everything is chosen for them. Like their life partners, their children, etc… They are matched with the person that is best suited for them.

Surrogate Colony has one twist after another that kept me glued to the pages with wanting to know what was going to happen next. Surrogate Colony had me entranced and under its spell from beginning to end without a dull moment in between. I would really like more of this world and its characters. I do believe that Surrogate Colony has more stories to tell.

I highly recommend Surrogate Colony to all dystopian fans! One-click your copy of Surrogate Colony and step into a whole new world! 



Connect with Boshra Rasti:

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Twitter

Facebook ~ YouTube ~ LinkedIn ~ Instagram


0 comments: