Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Review: Broken Angel: A Kamlyn Paige Novel (Chronicles of a Supernatural Huntsman #1) by Alex Apostol @AlexApostol87


Broken Angel: A Kamlyn Paige Novel

Chronicles of a Supernatural Huntsman #1

by Alex Apostol

Published: February 25, 2016

Publisher: The Quivering Quill Press

Genre: Fantasy, Fairy Tale, Mythology, Folk Tales


Blurb:


The things that go bump in the night are real...and she hunts them.

Kamlyn Paige is a young woman who has suffered significant loss in her life. At nineteen, when she was seven months pregnant, her parents were in a fatal car accident. And at twenty-four, when her son was only five-years-old, he was murdered before her eyes by a cloaked figure in the middle of the night. It takes everything she has to hold on after the amount of devastation she's endured. But when a mysterious neighbor sees her crumpled on the sidewalk in grief, he picks her up and introduces her to a new world. She goes with him to the Chamber of Darkness, an underground secret society, where she learns to fight evil beings and creatures as a Huntsman. Her sole motivation to complete her training is getting revenge on the demon that killed her little boy. But while she's there, prophetic dreams reveal there is a mysterious traitor in the Chamber's headquarters and they are trying to get their hands on a goblet that will open the portal to unleash all the demons in existence into the human world. Will Kamlyn and her friends be able to figure out who the traitor is in time to stop them from destroying the human race?

"I didn't expect to like this book as much as I did. I'm a fan of kick-ass heroines who start out as normal women and end up as practically super-heroines, but I'm also very particular and I'm happy to say that this book delivered. I liked Kamlyn and I also liked the school for super-heroes that she attended and I even enjoyed the almost non-existent but slight similarity to Hogwarts, with twists and turns and non-human beings, both bad and good." - Verified Kindle Purchaser

"Broken Angel is an enthralling tale about a young mother's love for her son and the grief of losing him. Kamlyn, discovers there is more to the murder of her son than she thought. She is thrust into the Chamber of Darkness and trains to fight the demonic creatures. Her characters are well-defined and easy to relate to. I was hooked from the beginning but was surprised as the plot entered another turn and took me on a fantasy ride that was well described and made me feel as though I was there with Kamlyn. There were a few grammatical errors, but the storyline made up for it. Can't wait to read the next book in the series." - J.E. Grace


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Kamlyn Paige, a young woman, age nineteen has suffered so much in her young life. At the age of nineteen, she finds herself pregnant. When she tells her boyfriend, the father of her baby he tells her she has two choices. Her first choice, keep the baby and lose him. Her second choice, keep him lose the baby.

Well, I was so very proud of Kamlyn at this point my heart swelled. This is the moment when I fell in love with Kamlyn. When her boyfriend gave her those two choices she did not hesitate. She told him in no uncertain terms that she loved him very much but she was going to keep her baby and then proceeded to walk right out the door and his life.

Kamlyn feared telling her parents that she was pregnant. She just knew that they would disown her and throw her out of the house. Kamlyn’s parents were not happy with her pregnancy but they soon came around and dotted on her.

Then one horrific day she learns that her parents were killed in a car accident before her baby was even born. Kamlyn was left all alone and pregnant. Kamlyn fell hopeless in love with her baby boy after his birth. She loved being a mother so very much, more than any other thing in the world.

Then one horrible night Kamlyn wakes up to check on her son. When she enters his room she sees a hooded figure standing over her son but it was too late. The hooded figure had already ripped her five-year-old son away from her.

I felt so bad for Kamlyn at this time. She has gone through so much horror in her young life. She has suffered so much pain, loss, and heartache way more than anyone should ever have to feel.

A neighbor finds Kamlyn in great pain and decides to help her. This neighbor introduces her to a world of supernatural creatures. He tells her that her son was taken from her by a demon. He takes her to a secret place where she is to learn as much as possible about these supernatural creatures and how to fight them. Kamlyn spends her life hunting down and killing all the bad evil things in life all while searching for the one demon that ripped her son away from her.

I enjoyed reading Broken Angel way more than I ever thought I would when I read the summary. From the moment I read that first page, I was hooked. I was drawn into a world of demons and monsters.

A world of heartache, pain, and loss but let's not forget love as Kamlyn loved her little boy so much. All those twists and turns kept me glued to the pages not being able to take my eyes off of it as I watched and felt Kamlyn’s suffering.

Broken Angel is one of the best books I have ever read. It will be with me for a very long time and when I am not thinking about it, it will be tucked away in its own little place in my mind just waiting for the time when I bring it out to examine it all over again.

I would highly recommend Broken Angel to anyone looking for a great book to read. I would recommend Broken Angel to all ages. One-click your copy of Broken Angel today for your next great read!  


Connect with Alex Apostol:

Goodreads ~ AmazonBookBub

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

0 comments: