Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Review: Charlie (Zombie Slayer #1) by Gayle Katz @booksbygayle

Charlie
Zombie Slayer #1
by Gayle Katz
Published: September 26, 2019
Publisher: In Your Face Publishers
Genre: Dystonia, Science Fiction, Zombies


Blurb:

A gifted slayer. A brand-new school. Same old zombies.
Charlie is so done with zombie slaying. After she moves across the country, she hopes to leave hunting behind and actually make some friends at her new high school. But the past she’d hoped to bury rises again with a fresh, city-wide outbreak.

Desperate to stop the walking dead, Charlie enlists the help of some classmates to find patient zero. But as the scourge spreads, her talents may not be enough to keep them alive.

Will Charlie discover the source of the infection, or will she meet a gruesome end?

Charlie is the first novel in the Zombie Slayer series, an enjoyably gory, post-apocalyptic set of young adult adventures. If you like sassy heroines, witty banter, and over-the-top action, you’ll love this tale of high school angst and flesh-eating walkers.

Get to know Charlie and kick some undead butt today!     



My Review:

Charlie is book one in the brand-new Zombie Slayer series by Gayle Katz. This zombie book is unlike any zombie book I have ever read before. When I read the blurb for Charlie I had no idea what to expect and boy was I surprised by what I found inside. I was very thrilled with this new twist in the zombie world. The idea for this book is brilliant, to say the least. The world-building is so amazingly awesome. I just don’t have the words to describe this book for zombie lovers like me.

Charlie is a zombie slayer. What is a zombie slayer you might ask? Well, a zombie slayer is someone who hunts zombies and kills them. Charlie is a student in high school and has been called to be a zombie slayer. Charlie has a couple of friends who help her out with her zombie hunting and killing, Zan and Owen. Whenever there is a zombie outbreak Charlie and company are there.

There is a new drug in town and it is known as zrug. Zrug is killing people left and right. Charlie is trying to find out who is making this drug and how they are doing it.

Charlie has lots and lots of action with twist after twist. Once I picked it up there was no way I could put it down. I had to keep reading until the end. I can’t wait to read more of Charlie the zombie slayer and fighting zombies. I wish I could tell you more about this book but if I did I would spoil all the fun so I suggest that you one-click yourself a copy today and start hunting some zombies.  



Connect with Gayle Katz:



0 comments: