Thursday, December 29, 2022

Review: Second Strain (Zombie Slayer #2) by Gayle Katz @booksbygayle

Second Strain

Zombie Slayer #2

by Gayle Katz

Published: September 26, 2019

Publisher: In Your Face Publishers

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Zombies


Blurb:


She thought she left it all behind. But morbid hellspawn aren’t content to chill in the parking lot after school.


Charlie Warner longs for a normal, non-blood-splattered semester. But the experienced zombie slayer rolls her eyes and gears her crew up for trouble after students go missing at an alarming rate. And when a mysterious new infection spreads, she pulls out the daggers and heads into battle.

With a team member already down with an ugly bite, Charlie rushes to the hospital to save her friend’s life. But when the power goes out and the flesh-eaters close in, she fears the coming of a special brand of undead danger.


Can this teen warrior prevent the entire Pacific Northwest from turning into brain fodder?


Second Strain is the next pulse-pounding book in the Zombie Slayer apocalypse series. If you like snarky heroines, snappy dialogue, and fearsome fight scenes, then you’ll love Gayle Katz’s exhilarating plunge into mayhem.


Buy Second Strain to stop the carnage today!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

Second Strain is the second book in the Zombie Slayer series by Gayle Katz. Second Strain was just as good if not better than the first book Charlie. Second Strain picks up right where Charlie left off. Second Strain starts off with a blast and never lets up from beginning to end.

There are enough twists and turns to keep the pages rolling out. Charlie and her team are Zombie Zlayers. Charlie and her team are also teenagers in high school. They attend class by day and slay zombies by night, well, that is if the zombies corporate that is.

I sorely love this world that has been created for Charlie and her team of zombie zlayers. Charlie’s world reminds me so much of Buffy’s world. You know Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The only difference being is that Buffy kills vampires and Charlie kills zombies.

In Second Strain a new zombie virus has been let out into the world. Charlie and her team set out to find out who released this new virus so they can then hopefully find a cure for this new virus. I loved the new twist on the zombies.

I can’t give this series the praise it deserves as I don’t have the words to describe how I feel about it exactly. All I know is that I am head over heels in love with it. I can’t get enough of it. My favorite TV show is The Walking Dead which this series the Zombie Slayer reminds me of as well.

I will watch The Walking Dead over and over again as well as its spin-off shows or any zombie show I can find. I would love more than anything to see Zombie Slayer made into a TV show one day real soon.

The more I read in the Zombie Slayer series the more I want to read. I can’t wait to dive into the next book in the series, Claw. And now I am off to do just that. I am going to go slay more zombies. Oh, wait that is not me that is Charlie but it feels as if it is me when I am reading it once I pick up a copy I am pulled in so far that I feel as if I belong there.

I highly, highly recommend Second Strain to all those zombie fans out there. Grab your copy of Second Strain today!


Be sure and check out all the books in the Zombie Slayer Series


Charlie #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Second Strain #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Gayle Katz:

0 comments: