Saturday, October 7, 2023

Review: World of Blood (Cursed World #1) by Kate L. Mary @kmary0622

World of Blood

Cursed World #1

Published: October 7, 2023

Publisher: Twisted Press, LLC

Genre: Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic


Blurb:


A secluded tribe.
An ancient evil.
An event that will change the world…


From the moment Andra hears about the mysterious illness spreading the globe, she knows it’s the end. Sheltering in place with her daughter, ex, and his new family, they watch in dread as the world begins to crumble around them, while rumors of survivors turning into monsters spread.

When the dust finally settles, all Andra wants to do is keep her daughter safe as they build a new life for themselves. But a fresh horror awaits, and it’s going to take all of them working together to survive the new world they’re facing. And maybe not even then…

If you enjoyed Stephen King's
The Stand, you'll love Andra's fight for survival in this post-apocalyptic adventure!


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

World of Blood is the best thing since The Walking Dead. I would sorely love to see World of Blood made into a TV show. I say TV show because that way it could go on and on, as a movie only lasts for an hour and a half to two hours sometimes a little longer and that is too short.

World of Blood drew me in from the summary. I also have to say the author as well as I will read anything Kate L. Mary writes. I love her books. World of Blood reminded me of my favorite TV show of all time The Walking Dead. I can’t get enough of it. It also reminded me of my favorite book The Stand as well as the movie Tremors.

While I like Tremors it is not a favorite of mine but I do think I will give it another shot after reading World of Blood. World of Blood kept me on my toes as I raced to the end to see how it was all going to turn out. Oh, but I loved everything in between.

The world-building is just awesome and scary! I have said it before but I am going to say it again once I picked up World of Blood I was hooked there was no way I was going to lay it down for anything.

A mysterious illness is making its way across the globe at an alarming rate. Andra knows it is coming even if everyone around thinks she is just a little bit crazy. People are getting sick and dying at an alarming rate. Everyone is locked in place just trying to stay alive and survive.

The sick and dying are turning into monsters. Big scary monsters. Andra just wants to keep her daughter safe and alive. Andra is home alone when the sickness starts to spread. Her daughter is at her father's down the street for the weekend. Andra decides to go stay with them so they can all quarantine together.

What a great and awesome read. I can’t wait to read more from the Cursed World series. I can’t wait to see what the future holds for Andra and her daughter, Liv, and everyone else.

I highly recommend that all dystopian fans grab a copy of World of Blood today and start this amazing new series!  



Connect with Kate L. Mary:

0 comments: