Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Review: The Journey of Malchus (Zombie Whisperer Chronicles #1) by Chandra Fry@ChandraFry12

The Journey of Malchus

Zombie Whisperer Chronicles #1

by Chandra Fry

Published: December 22, 2018

Publisher: Hydra Productions Online LLC

Genre: Dystopian, Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic, Zombies, Horror


Blurb:


It's the end of the world, and evil zombies have taken over! Try convincing Malchus of that when he can understand and communicate with them…

The whole world is thrown into chaos as zombies take over and survivors are left to fend for themselves. All they know is that zombies bite and make more zombies. To them, it's shoot to kill and survive.

Not so to Malchus, who has a unique ability to communicate with zombies. They speak, he listens! He attempts to share this knowledge with his fellow survivors only to be shunned by them. Malchus may have bitten off more than he can chew. At least, that is how he feels when he tries to unite zombies and survivors in harmony.

Follow Malchus on his journey as he teams up with some rather unique friends and they embark on his mission. Will he succeed, or will he die trying?

The Journey of Malchus: The Zombie Whisperer Chronicles is a different take on the world of zombies and survivors. It's a post-apocalyptic world being compared to Dark Tower and World War Z.

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

The Journey of Malchus is a great start to a brand new series. I love, love, love the new take/twist on the zombies. It reminded me so much of TV series like Z Nation, The Walking Dead, and Van Helsing. I think The Journey of Malchus is a little bit of all three TV shows rolled into one.

I loved the change in the zombies and there was more than one type or stage of zombies. I am not sure which exactly but it does not matter to me in the least as they are zombies. What an amazingly beautiful world Chandra has created for zombie lovers like myself. A world that I sorely hope to see on the big screen one day soon. I need more zombie TV shows!!!

I so enjoyed following Malchus on his journey and meeting new people/lifers and or zombies/Dusters. Oh, and that is just the beginning of the zombie species. Oh, have I mentioned yet that The Journey of Malchus is by far one of the best zombie books that I have ever read?

Malchus is one of my favorite characters as he can talk to the zombies! If I was a part of this world, the world of the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles I would very much like to be a friend of Malchus. Oh, I like Lily as well as she is so smart, happy, and amazing for someone so young. She just has the best attitude and personality.

The Journey of Malchus definitely kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through anxious to see what the zombies would do next. I could see each and every scene as it was played out. The descriptions were so vividly amazing that they just jumped right off the page into my world. I can’t wait to seek my teeth into the next book, The Retribution of Lilly, book two in the Zombie Whisperer Chronicles.

I definitely recommend The Journey of Malchus to all zombie lovers like myself. One-click your copy of The Journey of Malchus right now and step into a brand new zombie world!  


Connect with Chandra Fry:

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook ~ Instagram

 

0 comments: