Monday, November 7, 2022

Review: Not Okay by David Viergutz

Not Okay

by David Viergutz

Published: November 7, 2022

Publisher: Terror Ink Publishing

Genre: Psychological Fiction, Horror


Blurb:


My name is Marvin May and I am okay.

I am not a thief or a pervert, and the crimes of my youth are behind me.

I go to church on Sundays when I remember and ask God for forgiveness when I don’t.

I’m okay.

I probably have an anger problem, but who doesn’t? I’ve never hit anyone, or anything.

I promise, I’m fine.

I live in a little house in a small town and keep to myself. I’m only one payment behind on my credit card, and the doctor says I could lose a few pounds. I’m just like everyone else.

But there is something I should mention. I have this one little issue.

One tiny problem I can’t seem to fix.

One itch I can’t seem to scratch…

I want to kill my wife.

Hi, my name is Marvin May … and I am not okay.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Not Okay will keep you guessing from the first page until the last as to what is really going on in Marvin May’s mind. It will have you wondering if what Marvin is seeing is real or not. Not Okay will have you wondering if what you are reading is real or if it is all in Marvin’s mind.

I know it kept me hanging on page after page trying to figure it all out. I had so many questions page after page. I will have to say it kept me in the dark right up until the end as to what was really happening. It kept me guessing as to what in a way only a horror novel can do.

The suspense alone is enough to keep you glued to the pages not being able to flip them fast enough pulling you in deeper and deeper the more you read. The more you read the more you want to read.

Not Okay is told from Marvin May’s point of view. Not Okay gives us a deep insight into Marvin’s mind and what goes on there. Not Okay is very well written. Stephen King good, I must say.

I would recommend Not Okay to all horror fans! Grab your copy of Not Okay today!  


Connect with David Viergutz:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: