Friday, November 25, 2022

Review: STRANGER SINS by Michaelbrent Collings @mbcollings

STRANGER SINS

by Michaelbrent Collings

Published: November 25, 2022

Publisher: Written Insomnia Press

Genre: Horror, Suspense, Thriller, Mystery


Blurb:


He is a teacher...


...and his lessons are murder.


Legion is a teacher. An avenging angel. A murderer.


A madman.


Raised in the underground hideout of an insane father, he searches for those who keep secrets and sins. Then he teaches them how to leave those mistakes behind. Even if it means killing them to do it.

But this time, the tables have turned. The ghosts of Legion’s past have returned. The people he has killed are not staying dead, but are coming to life to attack him.

Wounded, weak, near death, Legion is for the first time in need of help. Aided woman and her daughter, who have enemies of their own, he must survive a new experience: no longer being the predator, but the prey.

Hunted by a woman with infinite resources, tracked by a madman whose strength is greater than anything they have ever known. They want his pain. They want his death. And they will stop at nothing to achieve their aims.


But Legion is a good teacher. So he will run. He will hide. For now.

And then, when the students are ready...he will teach.

And his lessons are always murder.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

My Review:

STRANGER SINS is the fourth book in the I am Legion series but it is the first book in this series that I have read. I knew going in that STRANGER SINS was the first book. I made sure to check it out before I began reading it to make sure that it would be ok to read the fifth book first.

After reading STRANGER SINS I do believe that it can be read as a standalone. But knowing that it was the fifth book in a series I did have lots of questions about Legion and how his story began. I would like to have known more about him.

Anyways with saying all of that I have to admit that I did enjoy reading STRANGER SINS and didn’t feel as if I had missed too much. STRANGER SINS grabbed my attention from the first page and hung on page after page. The more I read the more I had to know.

I enjoyed meeting Diantha and her daughter Marnie. Diantha and Marnie have been on the run for a long time now. Moving from place to place, changing their names with each move. Diantha and Marnie were on the move once more when they ran into Legion.

Legion has been running from his past for a long time. I liked how the story took us back in time so we could get to know a little bit more about Legion, his past, and his dad. Who he was and what made him the person he is today. I liked getting to know what made him the man he is today by going back in time.

I would recommend STRANGER SINS to all horror fans. But I must warn you STRANGER SINS is filled with lots of gore and may not be suitable for everyone. Me, I love gore, the more the better I say, as long as it is in a book and not real then I am more than good. I say bring it on. Grab your copy of STRANGER SINS today!

Be sure and check out all the books in the I am Legion series. Although I don’t think it is necessary to read them in order to enjoy them. I know I plan on checking out the rest of the series.  



Connect with Michaelbrent Collings:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub ~ YouTube

 

0 comments: