Monday, June 10, 2024

Review: Attention, Shoppers (Everyday Horror #2) by Blair Daniels @firedancerblair

Attention, Shoppers

Everyday Horror #2

by Blair Daniels

Published: June 10, 2024

Publisher: Black Widow Press

Genre: Horror


Blurb:


ATTENTION, SHOPPERS: please hide at the back of the store immediately.

I'm at a Bluemart, on a diaper run with my kids, when I hear the message over the loudspeakers. The other shoppers descend into a panic. And so do I. There was a tornado warning earlier--is it about it hit us?

But as more messages come over the speakers, it seems to be something else entirely. 
Attention, shoppers: please stay out of sight of security cameras. Attention, shoppers: please hide all food and open wounds.

My husband, kids, and I scramble for a hiding place. But I hear something coming down the aisle, and I can't help thinking--

This is how we die.

ATTENTION, SHOPPERS is a novel-length continuation of Blair Daniels' viral internet short story. It received 11,000 upvotes on Reddit's horror community, NoSleep.

About Black Widow Press
We're passionate about scares, thrills, and all things that go bump in the night. Stay tuned for more books this year to keep you up all night! Don't Scream and other Black Widow books contain mild to moderate violence and sexual content not suitable for those under 18 years of age.

Cover illustration by Nachiket Naik.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Attention, Shoppers is the second book in Everyday Horror short stories by Blair Daniels. Attention, Shoppers grabbed my attention from the first page and never let go. I love books like Attention, Shoppers and cannot get enough. I want them to go on forever never ending.

The world-building in Attention, Shoppers is awesome. I just wish it had been longer. I can’t wait to read more stories in the Everyday Horror series. Attention, Shoppers held on to its secrets right up until the end. The moment I started reading Attention, Shoppers I was hooked. I couldn’t tear my gaze away from the book until I had read the last page.

The suspense of what was happening to the employees at Bluemart kept me hanging on wanting to know what was causing them to act like that. Attention, Shoppers may be a short story but it sure does pack a big punch.

The writing style is awesome. It reminds me so much of Stephen King, how he grabs your attention and dangles it in your face, and just when you think he is going to drop the ball the tension and suspense ramp up, and when you least expect it bam it hits you in the face and you are off racing to the end again waiting for more.

Attention, Shoppers reminds me of Stephen King’s The Mist but without the zombies but it also reminds me of The Walking Dead because of the zombies and the characters. I only had one teeny tiny problem with Attention, Shoppers is that it is too short. I would love to have read more and get to know the characters better. Oh, I do love Attention, Shoppers very much.

Attention, Shoppers reminds me of Stephen King’s The Mist because they are trapped in a grocery store the Bluemart. At first, you, the reader have no idea what is happening but neither do the customers.

Imagine shopping at night when the store is about to close and a warning comes over the loudspeaker telling you not to leave the story to move to the back of the store. Then you are told that it is a tornado. Then the employees start acting strange and doing strange things and the next thing you know you are being chased through the store and running for your life.

If you are a fan of Stephen King, The Mist, or The Walking Dead then I highly suggest that you grab a copy of Attention, Shoppers today for a horrifying experience!


Be sure to check out all the books in Everyday Horror


Blood Twins #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Attention, Shoppers #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Blair Daniels

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub ~ Website ~ Twitter

0 comments: